Chapter One

Chapter One.

There were things in life that I couldn't stand. Stupid people doing stupid things, cheerleaders, pink starburst, strawberry milk....

"River give me my journal, you know your not suppose to touch that!" And living in a cramped apartment with River Sanders was another.

"Yes, but I," He points to himself. "Am not touching it."

This was not easy. Living with the worlds stupidest, egotistical jack ass who only cares about himself was something I did not expect myself to be doing the summer of 2015. Turns out my parents decided to become foster parents at the last minute without consulting me about it first. Resulting in River Sanders to come tumbling into my home at 2 o'clock in the morning with three suitcases and a cheesy grin wiped all over his chiseled jaw.

"You are touching it, butt head," I groan and try shoving him away from my book, but because of how tall he is compared to me it does nothing. Looks like I'm never getting my book back, I thought while glaring at the smirking boy in front of me.

"No, no, I am sitting on it. With a pillow on top of it, and then my ass on the pillow. Therefore, I am not touching it."

I clench and unclench my fists, the urge to punch the smirk off his face was getting harder and harder to resist, and I had to fight myself on if it was even legally acceptable to cut his dick off in his sleep and feed it to the wolves. My hatred for this boy was already high, and at this rate by the time summer ends the imaginary bar of hate for River Sanders will be out of the nebula.

"River, please, just give me my god damn book back," I clench my jaw, and hold out my hand for my book. It wouldn't be a problem if it was a regular book, but this was my book. My book that had all the bad, the good, the horrible, and the great things that had happened to me in the past and present. And for River to read those would ruin everything.

"On one condition, sweetheart," River was still smirking, the teasing glint in his eye was back.

"What condition," I manage out. My jaw was clenched so hard I'm surprised I was able to open it to say anything. River snickered and pulled my book out, his fingers dancing around the edges as if he was about to open it and read one of the pages.

I cried out as his fingers slipped inside, and ever so softly pulling the cover back. I felt tears pooling at the corners of my eyes and my throat tighten at the thought of him reading one of the most personal thing I have ever written out loud. Childish, I know. But this was personal and the book had my heart, so if River read anything inside, my heart would be the one shattered.

"Say, 'River is the sexiest man alive and is a sex God to all the ladies in the entire world!'" He exaggerates what I assumed was my voice, making it sound like I was a chipmunk. I snarled my fist turning a pale white as I squeezed them to suppress the anger boiling in the pit of my stomach.

"River is the sexiest man alive and is a sex god to all the ladies in the entire world," I grumble, keeping my voice low so my parents don't hear me from in the other room.

River smiles, the cheesy grin was back and so was the teasing glint in his eye as he handed me my book. I let out a breath of air as I clutched the book to my chest. I breathed in, out. I wasn't going to be humiliated today.

He laughs while watching me, an amused grin playing at the corner of his lips.

"book lovers these days," he mutters under his breath as he walks away and into the kitchen. I glare at his back but turn around and move into my own bedroom. When I enter my room, my phone is silently buzzing on my comforter, vibrating the space around it.