The Spark

"Could I have a large popcorn please?" Tia asks the quite attractive guy at the lolly bar. I look down at his shirt and read the name tag that says Greg.

"Anything for you Jenna?" Tia asks me, Tia's my best friend, and has been for years. I push my blonde hair out of my face, and smile up at Greg. "I'll have a coke thanks." I said, my voice came out much more flirty then I intended.

"Sure." Greg replied, as he turned away he gave me a wink, and I blushed crimson. I looked up at Tia to see her bored face.

Its not my fault hes flirting with me. I don't mind him flirting anyway since I'm single now. I never really liked James anyway. 

Tia thought that she wasn't attractive, but really shes really beautiful she just doesn't see It.

Greg returned with the coke and popcorn. "So what movie are you seeing?" Greg asked grinning at me. I tried to remember the name, hungry something? 

"The Hunger Games. I'm a massive fan" Tia answered for me. She saved me there. What an idiot I would've looked like. I didn't even know the name of the movie we were going to see.

He nodded at Tia, then turned his attention back to me.

"Have you read the books?" Greg asked me politely.

I shook my head like an idiot. "No, Tia," I nodded toward her, "Dragged me here." I confess.

"I'm Greg." Greg told me. 

"I sort of already figured that out." I giggled, and pointed toward's Greg's name tag. "I'm Jenna, and this is Tia."

Tia hesitantly smiled at him. She looked up at the ceiling, her bored expression back. I could see she was getting restless. 

If I want to get Greg's number now was the time, Tia wasn't going to stay any longer. I'll get his photo first. "How about a picture?" I asked innocently. 

I turned to Tia and handed her my phone, Implying that she take the photo. She rolled her eyes and took the phone.

Greg walked around the counter to me, and I wrapped my arm around his waist. Tia held my phone up, and I smiled showing teeth. 

"Say cheese." Tia said, she said glumly. Better get his number.

Tia gave me my phone back, and Greg walked back around to the other side of the counter.

Tia looked down at her watch, and said "The movies starting soon.." She was going to kill me if we missed the start. 

I heaved in."Fine Tia, you win" I said dully.

His number. Hurry up Jenna! I ripped open my clutch and snatched out a pen, I reached across the bar and scribbled my number on his hand.

Oh well maybe he'll call me, since I didn't get his number. I quickly scribbled a sentence under my number reading, 'Call me maybe?'

I smiled at him and Greg said "See you." He smiled half-heatedly at me.

Tia pulled me toward the sign that read The Hunger Games. "Bye Greg." I said over my shoulder, I turned walking backwards as Tia guided me toward the cinema. I put my hand up to my ear in a calling motion, he chuckled and I turned back around. 

Tia laughed at me.

"Jenna you're hopeless." She said flatly. 

"Well, I'm single arn't I? So whats the harm done?" I stared into her eyes. "Besides, I think he may be a contender. He's cute and funny." I joked.