11: Kiss

{Kiss-verb; to join lips}

My bed creaked slightly as I got up and fumbled around on the dark floor for my shoes. Once they were on, I tip-toed to the door and cracked it open to check the hallway. There was one nurse pushing a juice cart around for the late night pill takers, and I waited for her to pass my room before I left.

I silently made my way to Selena's room and knocked three times.

"Who is it?" she asked quietly.

"It's me."

The door opened, and I was pulled inside roughly.

"You're late." Selena glared at me and popped a piece of licorice in her mouth. "I told you to be here at midnight and you're fifteen minutes late."

"Well, sorry. Some of us actually sleep at night and I hit the snooze button on my alarm clock."

"I was waiting." She climbed onto her bed and pulled the covers back over her body. I got in next to her.

This had become our routine for the past couple of nights and to someone normal, they might see a problem with two "friends" getting in the same bed and talking into the early morning hours. Selena was convinced that this was nothing more than conversation. I wasn't so sure; especially since we had shared several late night kisses since our first one. I had never kissed a friend like that in my entire life, but I wasn't going to complain. The only problem was that I loved kissing Selena. It was an exhilarating experience every time, and I couldn't get enough of her.

We never talked about our physical interactions; they just happened and we called it a night. That wasn't the only thing we did, though. I had found out that Selena was a pretty avid reader-even more so than me. She didn't like to be read to, so we would just lie in bed and flip through books silently. It was comforting and relaxing. I would try to steal candy from her, and she would smack my hand away. We would watch TV, and I played guitar for her. I was determined to teach Selena, but she wanted to learn on her own.

To be honest, we had more of a Tom & Jerry relationship, except for the fact that we could kiss the hell out of each other. We hadn't gone past that point, but things were getting hotter and heavier with each night.

"What are you watching?" I scooted up against the headboard.

"Football," she answered. "I like football."

"You're a very strange girl, Sel."

"I told you to stop calling me that."

"I can't help it. It rolls off of the tongue better," I teased her.

"If I would have wanted you to call me Sel, I would have introduced myself as such," she said firmly, but not meanly.

"As I recall it, you never introduced yourself to me."

Selena squinted in the dark. "I think I did. You must have been annoying me or something."

"I was being polite."

"You were being stupid."

"Okay," I diffused the conversation before one of us blew up, "what are we doing tonight?"

"Well, after we make out, I want to hear you play guitar."

"What's the magic word?"

"Please," She ground out.

"And what makes you think that I want to make out with you?"

Selena raised an eyebrow. "Because you came in my room with a stiff dick so I'm pretty sure I know what your head wants. Both heads..."