About

Atticus Deane was just a boy; a broken, misguided boy. It was an accident; no one told him how to play life's game. He had to make up his own rules, but where did that get him? In an abusive relationship with his older brother and all his bad friends. That wasn't what he bargained for.

But Atticus left that life behind; he was rebuilding a new apartment and doing the same with a new life.

Well, trying.

Atticus and his brother never got along after their parents left. He never spoke a word to his brother if it weren't mean and cruel, which was why a request to join in on his big brother's 'fun' and 'games' was a surprise to everyone, much less himself.

But when things are taken way too far, Atticus is suddenly running and ends up at the doorstep of an unusual compound that sparks something in his instincts. Taking refuge away from the poison of others, Atticus knew that he couldn't hide forever, but he'd do anything to be left alone so he didn't have to hide anymore.

But he wasn't the only resident in this newly-found dwelling, and this newcomer wanted the exact same thing that he did.

*

PLEASE READ

'The Calm and the Storm' is my NaNoWriMo book for 2015 and I will begin updates in November when the event starts. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it, as this is a new type of book I'm going for. Under the genres of Action, Sci-Fi and Adventure, I do hope that this novel sparks as something interesting for you to read because it's not based on its Action title but on its journey of discovery, and understanding that violence - no matter how it is incorporated - is never the only answer.

Just a quick heads up, as well.

This book does speak of serious matters like abuse, neglection, mental disorders and at some points, self-harm. I just want everyone to know that this may be a story, but things like this happen in real life and it's important that everyone has someone to turn to for help because things like this can get really hard sometimes. So, as these issues are in this story I want you to be mindful that I don't mean to trigger any bad emotions or memories, so if you think that you might not be able to read it without anything like this happening, please don't risk it. I would rather you be happy and comfortable than to risk anything happening by reading The Calm and the Storm'. But if it won't disturb/depress you and you know it won't do any harm, I hope you still enjoy the message behind this story and the meaning each character brings. Thanks for taking the time to read this, very much appreciated.

By the way, this book contains a few references referring to other book series/T.V. series, see if you can spot them because I find them quite amusing. Enjoy weirdos!

Keep reading! x

Keep reading! x