Prologue

P E R C Y

I came back from the quest Athena gave me four months later. Why Athena? Well, she said that if I could pass the 12 Labors of Hercules, then she will give me her blessing to marry Annabeth. It took quite a long time, but I did it, and I couldn't be more happier. The ring in my pocket felt like a rock, aching to be released. I simply grinned and walked into camp. The place seemed deserted, so I walked around camp warily, looking for my wise girl.

"Percy!" I looked for the source of the voice and smiled when I saw Thalia and Nico. Thalia came and gave me a big hug, and I gasped for air,"Thalia...air!" I gasped out.

She pulled back and smiled sheepishly,"Sorry..."

Nico gave me a rare smile,"Nice to see you in one piece, Perce."

I placed a hand over my heart in fake hurt,"What? Did you not have faith in me? Thought I would go down so easily?" Thalia's smile wavered slightly as I said that. I frowned, but didn't say anything about it,"So, where's my wise girl?" I asked them, barely able to contain my excitement.

"Well, uh, maybe you should wait until tomorrow, yeah?" Nico suggested,"Get some sleep. You're probably exhausted."

My frown deepened,"What? No way! I can't wait any longer!" Then, I heard some laughing and cheering coming from the beach,"What...?" I didn't waste a second getting there, but noticed the shared look of terror on my cousins faces.

I made my way to the beach and noticed the campers surrounding two people. I pushed through the crowd trying to see what's so important, but froze once I did. In the middle was Annabeth and some other guy kissing. The crowd fell silent once they saw me, which caused the two pair to break apart.

I could feel tears sting in my eyes, but I tried to hold them in, yet it was useless as they fell like a waterfall. My eyesight was so blurry, I missed the way Annabeth's eyes were unfocused,"Annabeth?" I whispered, voice cracking.

She quickly pulled away from the guy and looked at me in horror. Tears started to build in her eyes as well,"Percy! It-it's not what it looks like! I swear!"

I simply shook my head,"I can't believe it..." I said to her,"After all I did. After I fell into Tartarus for you, you cheat on me while I'm on a quest to marry you!" I heard everyone gasp, which only fueled my anger,"And all of you just stood there, cheering them on!"

"Listen here, Percy-" The guy with brown hair and green eyes said, but I didn't let him finish.

"And who are you?" I snapped, which was unlike me.

He smirked,"Theseus, son of Poseidon, new leader of this camp."

I glared at him,"I'll remember that, Theo." I said, saying his name with venom, making him and everyone else flinch. I looked at Annabeth once more and pulled out the ring. I opened it and looked at it once more. The ring has a silver band with sea green waves, and had one large silver owl on it. The owl had sea green eyes and the wings were holding a pearl. Engraved in it were the words 'Always my Wise Girl'. I bit my trembling lip and threw the ring at her feet, then I turned around, walking away from the crowd. Thalia and Nico caught up with me.

"Percy-"

"Shut up, Grace!" I snapped, and jumped into the ocean, needing some peace. I swam deeper, hearing them call out my name, but never once responding. I swam until I couldn't even see camp anymore. Once I was far enough, I broke down. I sobbed my heart out, making the fish swim away. I couldn't control my powers as the currents swirled around me, not knowing that I've entrapped myself in my own hurricane.