6. Where Can I Buy Your T-Shirt?

P E R C Y

It's been a whole week with this torture and Tartarus won't stop. I get angry whenever he talks about attacking camp because my mission was to fight for them, but I'm stuck here and unable to help them. It was frustrating, so I've been thinking of a plan. It was risky and could quite possibly get me killed, but isn't it worth it? I shifted over a little, but even that small movement sent me over the edge. I whimpered as pain flared up my body. Over the week, Tartarus has been using every torture method to get me to tell him the gods weakness, but I've said nothing.

Suddenly, I heard a voice. I had to strain my ears to hear it, but I managed to do it,"Not giving up yet, are you?" The voice said. Then, out of nowhere, a sword formed from thin air,"You can't keep on depending on Riptide. This sword will always magically appear in your hand when you need it, so take this sword, for it cannot be broken by anyone of this planet. Only you can wield it, Perseus."

The sword was absolutely beautiful. The blade was pure black and the hilt was a beautiful shade of silver. Carved in the hilt was the word Περοέας. It means Perseus in Greek. The sword floated to one of my chained arms. As I grasped the hilt I felt strength flow through me. I cut my chains off and teleported anywhere very quickly before Tartarus returned, which lead to me being in the woods. Inchor poured out of my body like a waterfall, and I tried to heal myself. The inchor was only slowed, yet didn't stop. All my other attempts were useless.

I was close to passing out until a black portal formed and out came a man. He seemed about 5'7'' and had black hair with pitch black eyes that seemed to hold the universe in them. He had a nice tan was wearing all black. Black vans, shades, black jeans, and a black shirt that said 'I made the universe'. His shirt, though, had plants and stars on them that seemed to move, which should've been impossible. Hmm, I thought, Could I buy that shirt because it is awesome! Anyways! His aura was told me he was extremely powerful, so I should bow down, but then again, I normally don't bow to people.

He walked towards me and touched the top of my head. His hand glowed onyx black before fading away. I felt my wounds close up until they were white scars. I looked up at the man wondering who he was.

"I'm Chaos creator of the universe, and I am very fond of you, Percy." With a jolt, I realized he was the one who gave me the sword. I would recognize that voice anywhere.

"My Lord Chaos." I said, very reluctantly bowing to him.

He gave me a small chuckle,"I see you don't like bowing much, do you?" I sheepishly shook my head,"I don't either, so you don't have to do it. So Perseus, I am here to give you an offer." I raised an eyebrow,"Would you like to be my heir and be the Prince of the Universe?" I was more than shocked. The creator showed up and says,'I want you!' This is awesome,"It comes with many benefits, trust me. You get to stay in this life until the time is right, so that should give you plenty of time to think things through."

My mouth just won't work from all the shock, but I was slightly confused,"But why me?"

His eyes twinkled,"I've heard of all your accomplishments, Perseus. You are a warrior and you're always loyal, no matter what happens. That's the kind of heir I need. Someone who will always fight, no matter what the situation is, or how hopeless it is. I know you'll keep fighting."

I blushed,"Well, in that case, I would be honored."

He grinned,"Awesome! You will be the second most powerful being in the world! You can now teleport the way I did, summon anything with a snap of your fingers, and have power beams that can kill an enemy with one touch. You will only have a couple domains, but you will receive more later on. So still very powerful." I just sat there gaping at him. He chuckled before saying,"This might hurt a little," He paused,"Or a lot, it depends."

I shot him a confused look before he shot a black beam at me. Last thing I felt was immense pain. I saw the worried look from Chaos before everything went black.

...

I woke up on a very soft bed. I slowly opened my eyes and looked around. Wait...THIS IS MY BED! How did I get here? All I remember was... Wait. I pulled up my shirt and saw it. Right in the middle of my chest was a mark. The mark of Chaos. I've heard of the myths, but nobody has ever seen one before. It had two swords on top of each other, and a beautiful blue ring around it. I already knew that once Chaos resigns or something bad happens, it will turn black, telling me that I have now taken up the position.

I decided that I will keep it a secret until I had to tell the Gods. I pulled my shirt off and grabbed a long sleeve shirt, so nobody could see my scars. I walked out of my temple, but soon regretted it. As soon as my door opened everyone looked my way. When I say everyone I mean all the nymphs, satyrs, and minor gods all stared at me in shock. I slowly walked to the throne room where I was guessing the Gods would be.

I felt like having some fun, so I shadow traveled inside where I saw the most weirdest thing ever. Artemis was comforting Apollo, who seemed upset for some reason. Hermes was having a conversation with Ares, and Hephaestus was taking to Aphrodite, who was actually LISTENING! Athena was calmly talking to Hera, and Demeter was not eating cereal and was talking to Hades instead who didn't look annoyed for once. The weirdest thing was that Hestia and Zeus were HUGGING my DAD who seemed to be crying into Zeus shoulder. I stood there, mouth open, shocked at what I was seeing.

I cleared my throat loudly gathering everyone attention. I stared at everyone. Artemis let go of Apollo lighting fast while Hermes ran away from Ares. Hephaestus went back to building and Aphrodite started fixing her makeup. Athena ran away from Hera giving her a glare and Hera returned the glare. Demeter started eating her cereal and Hades shadow traveled back to his throne giving Demeter a look of disgust. Zeus' hand flew away from Poseidon who looked at me in shock.

"Oh uh Perseus! I was just giving Poseidon his...uh...his Trident back! Yes, he lost it so I gave it back to him!" Zeus stuttered trying to find an excuse for hugging his brother.

I only smirked at him,"Sure. Whatever you say Drama Queen! I just-" I didn't get to finish because raven black hair covered my view. I stood there absolutely shocked. That is, until I felt Poseidon crying into my shoulder. I immediately hugged him back getting my shirt wet.

"I-I was worried sick about you! I c-couldn't lose you too after S-" He stopped himself from saying anything else. I pulled out of the hug, confused.

"What?" I asked,"After who?"

My dad didn't answer, instead tears started forming in his eyes. I didn't bother hugging him again. I started walking backwards, away from him,"Dad, answer me." I said shakily. My dad now found his shoes interesting. The rest of the Gods did too. Hestia gave me a look of pure sadness and despair. What happened when I was gone?

"Dad, answer me!" I said a little louder.

His eyes locked with mine as he said the one thing I dreaded more then anything,"Percy, Sally and Paul were murdered. Tartarus left a note saying it was him..."