Chapter 8 - Nothing ignites hope more than desperation

Summary:

Colin is again lost in hope but has managed to change himself and own his mistakes. Will he be able to find Pen and tell her his feelings? Find out in the chapter, I will not spoil it 😛

_________________________________________________

I have worked on a chapter you'd surely like, with lots of emotions.
I hope you love it.
Let me know how you find the story so far and this chapter 😊

ENJOY!

_________________________________________________

Colin tried to get his mind right. That is not Penelope. It could not be her. He must be dreaming.

He had just seen someone similar to her the day before and believed he was certain when it was his greatest illusion.

'Could that be his wife?', for a moment he got lost in contemplation as he stood there staring at the shut library door behind the woman who had closed it before going inside.

He was probably dreaming. It was not the first time nor the second.

At his previous hotel as well he was convinced he had spotted a woman like Penelope, although her hair and silhouette was not that of his wife, he had approached her and almost touched her shoulder.

He was sorely disappointed when he eventually discovered her face. He had been so desperate to gain one more glimpse of his wife that he was seeing her everywhere. Perhaps it wasn't his wife this time either?

But he had to enter the library to be sure, he could not miss any chance, for all he knew it could be Pen as well.

Pen was a bookworm and library enthusiast and this time he felt like it was probably her. Or perhaps it was only his desperation that overwhelmed him and restored his hope.

Colin awakened from his daze and looked around to check if anyone noticed him standing still like an idiot, staring at the door while also intending to follow her inside the library. He proceeds toward the library, lowering his head and his gaze.

Gently pulling open the door, he slips into the library without drawing too much attention to himself, he'll just be there long enough to determine whether she is Pen before heading off.

His eyes dart about in quest of her as he walks in. She is not visible to him as he scans the area. There were other people in the library as well as a variety of shelves lining the several corridors. He walks past two corridors, scanning each of them one by one not making his curiosity obvious.

As he examines the people standing along the shelves he does not find the woman with the same peacock coat. He then walks to the third corridor and notices her there.

The mysterious woman had covered her head back with the coat upon entering the library.

Unlike the day before, he could not just jump over her and besides he might not be able to talk, the library was quiet and Colin did not want to appear too noticeable in case the seller might find him suspicious or acting like a stalker.

He decides to walk past the woman to go in front of her, he goes a little farther to avoid getting too near to be noticed then proceeds to grab any book and pretends to look at it. Then, gradually turning his head back to face the woman's face he finally sees her face.

It is her! His Penelope!

The woman was his wife, exploring the bookshelves and trying to find a book. She was real and right there, in front of him, barely a few metres away.

'How she looked beautiful', he thought. Colin made an idiotic love-stricken face as his eyes shone at her sight, he was enamoured with just a glimpse of hers.