Chapter 13 - Avery's Retreat

-Few days later-

-Avery's POV-

I woke up with a huge yawn, stretching my legs out. The past days I've been trying to find out more about Damon's family. All I figured out, is about Luke being dead, and somehow Damon thinks he's alive cause he recognized one of the wolves, and he thinks it is Luke. Also I think that other guy I found in the one book in the library is the first ever Werewolf in history. It shocked me A lot when I looked up stuff about him. It said he lost control of his Werewolf cause it was to strong to handle, and he bit people, also it turned them to Werewolves. A coincidence; that it was a full moon night when he started biting people. He also accidentally killed his soon to be mate; since his Werewolf was controlling him and making him out of whack, that's when he accidentally killed her. The Werewolf inside him, was making him think the wrong things, see the wrong things, and feel the wrong things. Well enough of that.

Heading downstairs, almost missing a step on the stairs from being so tired. I found my mom sitting at the table, a duffel bag sitting over near the island in the kitchen.

I furrowed my eyebrows "Where are you going, mom?"

"Taking a trip somewhere with your father." She looked up at me. Mom looked tired, and distraught. Like she's been planning to do something since the day we got here, and she's been stressing over it.

"Where to?" I sat down next to her, with my elbows propped on the table, my chin rested on my hand.

My mom said hastily "It's a secret."

I let out a groan "Don't we have enough secret's moving around in the house as it is?"

"But you don't need to know every secret in the house. Everyone has their own secrets they're keeping to themselves." My mom looked at me intensely. The look in her eyes is telling me to stop asking questions.

"Okay okay, I was just curious since we just got here, and you're just about to go on a trip. I just thought you wanted to settle down, but knowing you're going on a trip." I shrugged, not really caring much about them going on a trip anymore. Mom isn't gonna tell me anything anyways.

"Honey-"

"No it's okay mom," I fake smiled. I felt like a straw in the wind. Flying until I catch up with the others.

My mom let out a deep sigh. "Well, since we're going on a trip. Are you going to be fine staying at the next door neighbors house with your brother?"

"What!? I don't want to stay at their house!" My mouth hung agape, and I was already standing up, looking down at my mom.

"Why don't you?"

I failed to find the right words, "I-I-I...Just because!"

"That's no good excuse to why you don't wanna go over there. So whether you like it or not, you're staying over there while me and your father are gone." Mom looked me over and raised her eyebrow, seeing if I would argue again, "Is that clear?"

"Yes mom." I said, peeved.

"Good, because you know I know that you don't know how to cook, neither does your brother."

I scoffed, and turned away.

__

My mom and dad left to go to the airport, while me and Nick are packing to go over to the (next door neighbors) house. My mom and dad already talked to Damon's mom and dad about me and Nick staying over. So all we had to do was head over there after packing

"Pfft, this is so troublesome." Great, now I sound like Shikamaru off of Naruto.

"Avery! You ready?" Nick smiled like nothing was wrong with going over there. He held a green duffel bag of his.