Odin's Pov

*Author's note: Sorry sorry sorry about not updating in forever. I haven't really been in the mood for writing due to personal reasons but I'm back so, here's chapter 2.

        I flipped the eggs in the oil filled pan over only to hear popping and a hiss from the lightly overcooked soggy mess. I was never too good at cooking eggs, or getting them to maintain an appealing shape. I reached over to spice rack to grab the black pepper when an obnoxious giggle made my arms and jaw lockup. Goddamit.

      "What kind of man can't even cook eggs?" Crow snickered.

"I-I can cook e-eeggs, l-look, it's cooked," I tiled the pan down so she could see the greasy abomination.

"Ew, that's gross. No costumer is going to want to ingest that."

"Y-you don't know t-that."

"That's overcooked but still looks like it'd give me salmonella," Raven chimed.

"G-get out! Besides, a-aren't you two supposed t-to be waiting tab-bles?"

"Olai wanted us to tell you to go wait tables," Crow sat a small pencil and notebook on the counter.

"M-me? B-but who's gonna m-man he kitchen?"

"Olai said he'd do it."

"Then w-what are you guys gonna do?"

"We're leaving."

"L-leaving?"

"Yep. As in exiting the building and walking away from it."

"Why?" I asked.

"Raven and I have to go to our ballet rehearsal. We have a recital next month, remember?"

Raven did a dramatic twirl in the corner. "Y-yeah, I remember," I lied. I don't think they actually ever told me.

"Liar," Raven muttered.

"I-I am not!"

"You're stuttering."

"I-I always st-stutter." It is true.

Raven rolled her eyes. "W-well, you b-better get going. W-wouldn't want you to be l-late." I turned to Raven who was still twirling in the corner near the scrap bin. 

"S-stop spinning in the kitchen. You're g-going to knocks something over!"

"It's not a spin you dummy," Raven stuck her tongue out at me, "It's called a grand pirouette."

"I-it's called a  g-grand piro- get the hell out the ki-kitchen and g-go to your stupid dance class before I tell Olai t-that you're dicking around in here and disrupting work!"

Raven's eyes widened. "OOOOOOOOOOOOOH, you swore!" I sighed.

 "S-so what? Like you haven't heard it, or s-swore yours-self. You're fifteen. G-grow up. A-also, I'm grown ass twenty one y-year old man. I can d-do what I want."

"Yeah, a grown ass twenty one year old man who can't even properly speak or fry eggs."

"G-GET OUT!"

As Crow and Raven scampered out the kitchen exit, I wiped my hands on my apron and picked up the pad and pencil Crow left on the counter. "Oh yeah," Crow said popping her head back through the exit door, "You have to work the counter too. Can you handle it?".

"H-hey, I don't r-really-," she left before I could even vocalize my complaint. "D-DON'T FORGET TO TAKE A SWEATER,I-IT'S COLD OUT!" I yelled hoping they were still close enough to hear me. Christ. This was going to be a long day