Chapter 9

Rythian’s POV

I had Zoey now, she was mine. I walked out of the school with her. I grabbed both her hands and pulled her close to me.

“We are going somewhere no one will find us. My new home, Blackrock Stronghold.” She smiled and kissed my chin. “Let’s go!” We ran across hills and through mountains until we reached it. It stood there; it’s black towers high above the roof of the original. A mage tower up above all the rest, the nether brick wall showing the magic.

“It’s beautiful!” She ran over to the door and walked through. “Rythian this place is amazing.” The basalt walls and marble floor contrasting each other perfectly.

“You can decorate if you want.” She squealed.

“Ok yes! Let’s do that now!” She ran to the chest in the hallway and pulled out multiple things to decorate. She spent the whole day decorating. “I’m done!” She dragged me around showing me everything. I smiled for her; I only smiled around her.

“Zoey, I built you a farm outside. Come on I’ll show you.” I held her hand and walked outside with her. She saw the large area where I had planned out a whole garden.

“Thank you Rythian.” She went and started to farm all the crops replanting the seeds. “I think I’m going to bed, I’m tired.” She walked inside and I saw her pass the window upstairs. I walked up after her and took off my cape. “I love you Rythian.” She started to fall asleep.

“I love you too Zoey.” I climbed in with her. I knew no one would find us here and we would be safe from everything. I woke up and saw Zoey sitting on the end of the bed, crying. “Zoey, what’s wrong?” She turned to me.

“I want my dinosaur here with us.” She sniffled. “Please Rythian, we have to go and get him.” I sat next to her. She leaned on my shoulder and I wrapped my arm around her.

“Ok Zoey, we will go and get him.” I got up and put my cape on and took Zoey’s hand in mine. We walked out and headed for Zoey’s house. We walked down the street when we saw Duncan. I pushed Zoey behind me and looked at him. He saw me but didn’t stop. He walked past and saw Zoey.

“Zoey is that you?” She nodded. “Where have you been?”

“Away, with Rythian.” He glowered at me. I felt a growl coming. Zoey pressed my chest suppressing it. “He’s so very nice to me and he loves me. We’re going to get my dinosaur.”

“Great, good luck. I know how hard dinosaurs can be.” I know what he meant; he had some pet raptors and a tyrannosaurus-rex they escaped and he had to kill them.

“See you Duncan. We have a dinosaur to collect.” She walked off to her house. “Come on Rythian.”

“I’ll catch up with you.” She walked on. I looked at Duncan. “Duncan.”

“Rythian. Where have you been?”

“Away. Like Zoey said.” He nodded.

“Ok... Rythian look after her please.” I was annoyed he suggested that I wasn’t or wouldn’t.

“You think I wouldn’t look after Zoey?” His eyes widened knowing he was in trouble. I was about to attack him when Zoey walked up. She was carrying a little green reptile in her arms. I heard Duncan sigh. “Who’s this?” She held him up.

“This is Teep. I got him 2 years ago when I was 14.” She smiled at me and I smiled back.

“He’s beautiful.” Duncan went to stroke him. Teep bit him. “Ouch, little twat!”

“I like this little dinosaur.” I stroked him and he purred. I walked off and Zoey followed, Teep growling at Duncan. I was happy with this little dinosaur; he would grow up to be a great friend. We walked inside and lay Teep down on the couch. “He’s beautiful, and he will be a great friend.”

“He’s amazing. We can train him if you want.”

“Yeah why not?” I picked him up and I swear he smiled at me. I grabbed a piece of black cloth and wrapped it around his head. “There we go Teep. You are an official member of this family now.”He yipped.

“You and Teep are such a good pair. I can’t believe how well you get along with each other.” 

“Well we do, I love this little dinosaur.” I let him nibble on my hand. “Save the chomping and biting for Duncan and Sjin.” He nodded.

“I’m going to farm.” I nodded and taught Teep how to walk. He was so cute stumbling around and falling over; I helped him up every time. Teep was a very quick learner. He nudged the bow that was on the floor.

“Want to learn how to use it?” He nodded. I spent the rest of the day teaching him how to shoot a bulls-eye and where to shoot if you want a fatal hit. “You are brilliant.” Zoey walked in.

“What’s going on?” Teep held up the bow. “Rythian why is Teep holding a bow?”

“He knows how to use it. I taught him.” Horror crossed over her face. “No. No. No. No. It is ok it’s safe. I wouldn’t teach him if it wasn’t safe.” She walked over and hugged me.

“What can you do Teep?” He pulled the string and shot a bulls-eye that was across the room. “That’s really good. What else did you teach him?”

“Everything I possibly could.” She frowned. “Like where to hit a person.”

“Rythian! Are you serious? He is two! You can’t teach a two year old that!”

“He’s a quick learner. Why can’t I?” We fought and I ended up sleeping with Teep on the couch that night.