NINE

HERE WE ARE DON'T TURN AWAY
NOW. WE ARE THE WARRIORS THAT BUILT THIS TOWN.
- IMAGINE DRAGONS, WARRIORS

Everyone was getting ready to go up against Ultron. Many were nervous, others determined. Some both. Things were looking slightly better since Vision had been 'born'. Steve had decided to give a somewhat inspirational speech, which was then coming to the end.

"And if you get killed." He said, his voice booming. "Walk it off."

Rosalind snorted. "And on that positive note, off we go."

Everyone walked off, but Pietro pulled Rosalind back. He pulled her into his arms and gave her a long and passionate kiss. Pulling away from the kiss he pressed his forehead against Rosalind's.

"No matter what happens today." He said softly. "I want you to know that I love you."

Rosalind smiled. "I love you too Pietro."

Pietro kissed her again and smiled. "Promise me, you'll come back to me."

"I promise." She said to him.

"Good." He replied smiling. "Let's go." He took her hand in his and together they left.

--

The battle was in full swing. Rosalind had brought several civilians to safety but they were running out of time. Ultron had an explosion type thing set up, that would crumble the whole city if it was set off.

So that's where they were gathered now. They were battered and bruised, but they kept fighting.

Ultron approached them, hovering above.

"Is that all you've got?" Thor roared, swinging Mjölnir.

Ultron laughed, in a monotone way. He raised his hand in a beckoning way. Hundreds of smaller robots flooded the city.

"You had to ask." Steve said.

The robots charged at The Avengers and they were thrown back into the battle. Rosalind used every bit of strength she had left. She used the water to her advantage, drawing it up and firing it at the robots, sizzling their systems. But she was quickly tiring.

Slowly but surely The Avengers began to stray further from the vibranium explosive. But most of the robots had been demolished at this point, so it wasn't as dangerous. Wanda and Rosalind looked at each other knowingly.

"Go." Wanda said to her brother.

"I'm not leaving you here." He argued. "Either of you."

"Pietro we're big girls now. We can fend for ourselves." Rosalind said, slightly sarcastically as she blasted one of the remaining robots.

"I'll be back soon. I promise." He said.

Rosalind and Wanda smiled at him.

Pietro was now just a flash of blue in the distance. Wanda and Rosalind turned to the matter at hand. They demolished every robot within their sights. Minutes later, Wanda spoke to Rosalind.