CHAPTER FIFTEEN

My last chapter was a bit mean, so enjoy a cute Clorscha and Shivian chapter ! <3

Sorscha lolled in bed, her mouth hanging open tiredly with her pigtails sprawled on the pillow around her head. She had been grateful to even get five more minutes of sleep, let alone the endless hours she had been unconscious for. Quinn's cries would often ring out from her little cot, causing both her and Clodagh to jolt awake, immediately wrapping their baby in the safety of their arms.

However, as the amber glow of the sun seeped through the gaps in the curtains, basking the room in a warm haze, Sorscha sighed contently, rolling over to be engulfed into the silk blanket that was draped over her sleeping frame.

The couple had felt themselves become more protective of Quinn after they heard the cruel story of what happened to Charlotte's eldest. The fact that one of Sorscha's closest friends had lost a significant piece of her that could never be found again tore their hearts apart.

Her eyes slowly fluttered as she felt the weight of a small something crawling on her, the feeling of two small hands climbing up her stomach.

As Sorscha opened them, locking eyes with the young and bright ones of her baby, she could help but crack a crooked smile that joined the rosiness on her cheeks.

Clodagh stood beside her, supporting Quinn who giggled in the presence of her mama. "Someone wanted to say hello." Clodagh grinned sweetly as Sorscha lent up and planted a swift kiss on her cheek.

"Well isn't this a good alarm clock." Sorscha beamed, picking her child up and holding them close to her chest, "Hey Baby Quinn."

Quinn giggled, babbling as she reached out her tiny hand and yanked her mother's glasses off, her chubby fingers tight around the lens.

Clodagh chuckled as Sorscha took her glasses back, sticking them back onto the bridge of her nose before tickling Quinn. Giggles erupted from their throats, the baby squirming on Sorscha's lap as they squealed, "Your eyesight isn't that bad, little one. And if it is, I'll take you on a trip to a lovely place called Specsavers where you have to pay a great deal to literally see."

Clodagh laughed, her frame bent over as she rolled her eyes at Sorscha's sarcastic response, "Bit dramatic, Babe. And Quinn can't even talk yet! She won't have a clue what Specsavers is."

"I think it should be mandatory. Like lessons in school." Sorscha booped Quinn's nose, sitting the baby upright, "The cow says moo. The Specsavers employee says that will be £47.99."

                               * * *

The purple bruise was slowly fading into yellow as Siobhan drove, fear evident on her face as she approached Vivian's door.

Her knock was quiet as it echoed down the empty hall, swallowed by her heavy breathing. Her chest felt tight, her heart broken.

Siobhan tensed, hearing someone unlatching the locks from the other side of the door, burnished with dark wood. She felt an overwhelming flow of emotions; many ounces of love and affection she showed for Vivian, yet had to be buried away because of Roger. But at the same time, she felt empty.

The door swung open, revealing a tired Vivian, dark circles lining her usually bright eyes.

Siobhan noticed the spark wasn't there.

The spark wasn't there.

Her light had gone out.

The light.

The light had gone.

Gone.

She felt the tears fall before she could comprehend what was happening, making her black eye throb. Vivian watched her, startled, her eyes lingering intently on the bruise. Reaching out a thin arm, she wrapped it around Siobhan's shivering frame, pulling her into a hug.