Chapter 13:

*A Few Hours Later*
Haley had finished her shift at the cafe when she was about to leave when she seen Brooke walk in. "Tutor Girl have you seen Lucas?" She asked worried.

"Brooke I told you already my name is Haley and no I seen him earlier today why?" she said. Haley then seen how worried Brooke was.

"He was suppose to pick me up an hour ago and then I called him and he never picked up and I went to his house but Karen told me he had left and im worried" Brooke said pretty much crying now.

Haley immediately got worried where could her best friend be. She went to see if she seen him around town.

*Peytons House*
Peyton couldnt concrete on making the flyers she needed to go out. So she decided to drive by the lake she would go with her parents.

After her mom had died Peyton hardly went there. She would only go on her moms birthday, the day she died and whenever she felt sad like today.

Peyton parked on the side of the road and got off her car. She loved the peace she got from that place.

It started getting dark so she decided to leave when she seen somebody walked around. She kind of got scared when she seen the person had their hand tied behind their back. And the person had a bag over their head.

Peyton was about to leave but she seen the person wearing a grey hoodie and in the back of it said "Keiths Body Shop" she had seen Lucas wear that hoodie many times.

"No its cant be him" Peyton said to herself. Befor she knew what she was doing she was walking over to the person who was wandering.

"Are you okay?" Unsure what to say. "Peyton? Is that you?" Peyton couldnt believe it, it was Lucas. She immediately took the bag off his head.

"Lucas what the hell happend to you?" She asked him now untying his hands. "Nathan and the rest of the basketball team is what happend"

"Wait you mean the team did this too you?" She couldnt believe what he said. "Yea everyone except Jake" he said now a little bit calmer.

It wasnt until he calmed down completely that he seen his surroundings "wow this is beautiful havent been here cant believe Ive live in Tree Hill all my life and I havent been here."

"Yea it is beautiful I use to come here with my parents" Peyton said a bit sad. Lucas had heard some rumers of how Peytons mom had died but there were so many rumer it as hard to know which one was true.

"One red light she passed one red light and lost her life" Peyton spoke up. "Peyton you dont have to tell me if you dont want to" Peyton gave him a little smile.

"I want to Lucas I know you've heard the rumor but none of them is true, yea my mom ran a red light but because of my fault." She said, which took Lucas by surprise.

"I had insisted that she make my favorite meal that evening and of course make dessert for us, she was suppose to pick me up from cheer practice and she was late making the food and tried to pick me up on time, but she was running late"

"if I wouldnt have insisted on her making that meal she would have been on time and wouldnt have been in a hurry to pick me up, so she ran a red light and she got in a crash and well you know" Peyton said with some tears running down.

Before Lucas could stop himself he hugged Peyton. After a minute of hugged she looked him in the eyes giving him a small smile. Their foreheads were touch and Lucas was leaning in closer to Peyton but then Peytons phone began to ring.

"Hello?" She answered pulling away from him.
"Peyton im so glad you answered Im at you huse but I guess your not here." Haley said.

"Um oh yeah i just had to get some fresh air whats up?" "Its Lucas nobody can find him and I was wondering if he was with you?" She asked Peyton.

"Hold on Haley" Peyton said. "Its Haley shes super worried about you" Peyton whispered to Lucas. "Please just tell her that Im okay, do you think we can meet her at your house to explain everything?" Peyton nodded.

She told everything Lucas said but told her not to tell anybody. "Peyton about earlier..." he began but she stopped him.

"Come on lets go Haley is waiting" she said not wanting to talk about it and ahe got in her car. He just nodded and got in the car with her...