Chapter 1

*it will be in Lyrics point of view unless said differently*

God school sucks. Another day in that hell and I will rip my hair out. I guess it's better then being at home though. I'm only a block away from that place and I can already smell the booze. Why did I have to be born in such a terrible family? I put in my head phones and start listening to smells like teen spirit by Nirvana. As soon as I open the door I have a bottle being chucked at my head, I dodge it just in time as it smashes against the wall. I run up stairs to my baby sisters room. I grab her from her bed and bring her into my room. "Lyric you're home so early I missed you" she said to me. "Yes Jane , do you wanna go spend a couple weeks at Carly's house?" My sister Jane is 8 and I always try to take her places so she won't have to deal with the beatens. I grab the bag from my closet that is already packed for times like this. She has clothes a cell phone and $500. I also packed a little note for Carly's mom Brittany. Brittany is 26 and is a good friend to talk to so I hope she understands. "Alright baby I need you to climb out the window and down the rope like we've done before" I tell my sister lowering the rope for her. She climbs down with no problem and I follow her. I pick my sister up because she is so skinny and start running the 2 miles to Brittany's house. I knock on the back door as I put Janes backpack on her. "Hi guys is everything okay?" Brittany asked "Hi Britt my parents are getting really abusive again and I was wondering if you could take care of Jane for a couple weeks. There is a note explaining it all. I have to go before they find out we left. I gave Jane $500" I said in a rush. Brittany said of course and I gave Jane a big hug "listen bumblebee I will be back okay. I gotta take care of a couple things you be good and stay inside and listen to Brittany if you see dad or mom run far and hide and call 911.but don't look back. You have a phone with my number I promise I will be back" I kiss Jane's forehead and thank Brittany again. When I get back to my house I throw everything in my bag and toss it out the window. I go downstairs only to see a trail of blood "why won't you die you stupid bitch" my dad yelled while stabbing my screaming mother. I screamed and ran over pulling him off. "Wait your turn slut your next" he yelled and cut my leg. I kicked him hard and he pushed me on the ground and started kicking me nonstop. I looked over at my mother "I'm sorry lyric I love you" she said as she closed her eyes for the last time. I cried as I threw the monster off me and ran upstairs. I locked my bedroom door grabbed my phone and jumped out the window. I dialed 911 to the house for ambulance. I grabbed my bag and started running as fast as I could. My body was in so much pain. It felt as if my ribs were crushed. I pushed through and kept running. After a couple hours I collapsed next to a tree. "Oh my god get the boys and van fast" I heard a familiar woman voice say. I passed out before I could see who....