Introduction

((Connie designs by Remmy-o on Tumblr))
I've decided whenever I start a new AU story, I'm going to start with an introduction to explain the AU. Here we go.

I found this AU on Tumblr while browsing the Yellow Diamond tag, and I fell in love with the idea and decided to make a fanfiction about it. Basically, everything is the same except Connie was born as Yellow Diamond's half-human daughter, making Yellow Diamond give up her physical form to create Connie. Connie and Steven meet and realize their similarities, etc.
Of course there are many, many kinks to this AU, only naming a few:

•If Connie is half-human, who would be the human parent? Surely YD wouldn't fall in love with a human.

•And even if she somehow did, if she's as selfish as she seems to be, she wouldn't give herself up just to give life to another being.

•Also the factor about the three Homeworld Gems being together- Isn't it more than likely they'd go their separate ways, even if YD gave them specific instructions not to before she "died"?

Still, this is AU, so I'm just going to try writing it and see how it goes. Here are some more factors:

•Don't worry, this story definitely isn't just about Connie and Homeworld, the Crystal Gems and Steven will get plenty of screentime, let me assure you.

•Fun fact: Connie's gem (Yellow Diamond) is on her chest.

•And Connie's weapon is her mother's: (I have no freaking idea what Yellow Diamond's weapon is so I'm just going to put something down) twin swords. (Even though her mom's was probably much more kick-butt)

•Shipping? Stevonnie (aka Diaquartz), Rubapphire, Peridiamond, and slight hinting at Lapidot.

•The HG's personalities are slightly different. Why? Because having Connie makes them different. Imagine if the CG didn't have Steven, how different would they be?

•Not going into much backstory about how YD gave up her physical form, because it's all very vague to me.

I think that's about it! I might have the first chapter posted tomorrow if I have the time (y'know, preparing for July 13 and all).
I'm really hyped for this fanfiction, so hopefully it'll play out like I'm planning!
Also, small shoutout to x.gemflow.x on Instagram for being my fellow Diaquartz (like Stevonnie only in this AU) shipper. For my fellow Instagrammers reading this, I recommend you follow her right now. Anyway, see you next time, gems (no pun intended😂)!