Chapter 1

*Shion's pov*

I was looking out of the window, watching the trees pass. I listened to the car, driving on the road. Soft music was playing in the background, but I wasn't paying any attention.

"Shion." A soft, womanly voice said beside me. I hummed in acknowledgment, but didn't take my eyes off the outside. "It's going to fine, don't worry."

This triggered me to turn towards her. Her brown hair was done in a small ponytail. She glanced. at me with her brown eyes, which were filled with worry. I stared, no, glared, at her.

"Mom." I said. "This is going to be just like the other times."

"No, it won't. This school is different."

"How is it different? And yes it will."

"Shion. It'll be fine."

"No it won't. And you know that. You're worried as hell."

"Yes." She agreed. "I'm worried you're going to do some stupid stuff."

"I won't do stupid stuff anymore, mom. At least not if I won't go here."

She sighed. I crossed my arms on my chest and sat back in my seat.

"Mom, the people there will just treat me like everyone does. And I don't get why you think it'll be better this time."

"Because Shion, this is a new start. You're older now."

"Mom, please. Why not just home school me? Better for everyone."

"You know I can't afford that, Shion. I'm just able to afford this school. And all the moving didn't help me to get some money either."

"I'm sorry." I whispered. We moved all the time, because it didn't matter to what school I went, I always got bullied. Especially by how I looked.

"It's not your fault, Shion. Just... Try this please. If it really doesn't work out, I'll find another way."

I nodded. I knew she was doing as much as she could for me. She had started a new bakery in town, to get some money. I worked together with her there, baking bread for the people.
We'd only lived here for a week now, and already there were many people.

My mom pulled up in the school's parking lot and stopped the car. We both didn't get out. She turned to me and smiled. I sighed and climbed out of the car, murmuring a goodbye. I made my way into the building, through the front doors, towards my locker.

I thought I was going the right way, but after some time of wandering around I figured I was totally lost. I sighed and made my way outside, this time going the right way.

I sat down against a wall, putting my back bag beside me. The spot was on the side of the school. It was nice out here. A large tree stood in front of me, grass surrounding it. It was peaceful an quiet out here, just how I liked it.

The bell rang, but I didn't want to go in. It wasn't as if anyone would miss me. I rested my head against the wall and closed my eyes.