Chapter 2 : The Mysterious stranger

Eleanor walked around the corner of the hall and stood now face to face to the door with behind, the mysterious visitor. In a nearby mirror she checked her hair and dress for flaws and jikes! She made a quick reminder to redress after practice. She usually didn't pay much attention to her looks. But now was diderent, she looked like she rolled around mud for an hour. That was certainly not a way a princess should look, or so her mother keeps on reminding her. Hopefully, the visitor isn't too focussed on appearance, she thouth. 

Having done everything to make herself look decent enough for the so called important visitor, she knocked on the door. A soft "Come in." was heard and she slowly opened the door to the sitting room.

Inside sat a young man was reading a book by the window. He stood up and made a slight bow to the princess. He waved a hand, as sign for her to sit down. She gave a nod and slowly walked over. Standing up had put him in direct eye of the sun. His ginger hair looked like waiving fire in the golden light. And his blue eyes shimmered like morning dew in spring.

He's cute. Rang in her head over and over. She tried to push away the thoughts surrounding his appearance and sat down. The bright crystal eyes stared her down, and she almost felt naked under his gaze as if he was guessing what she was wearing underneath. Beter not, or he would soon find that her self defense classes have thought her well.

With a formal tone she asked, "Is there something you're looking for?" He gave a small chuckle and leaned in the fluffy sofa, an arm leaned back over the edge, giving her eye full. Damn he's cute. He was wearing a similar uniform, that she had seen a lot of royal army men wear. But by non-had she been able to see his muscles underneath like with the man sitting in front of her. The outlines of his muscels stood out firmly in his thight white shirt he wore underneath his jacket. It was slightly visible and she felt drawn to the small patch on his abdomen. When he noticed she was looking, he gave chuckled, creating small dimpels in his cheak. She slightly blushed and looked him in the eyes.

"It is only that it seems you truly have grown up." He anwsered he previous question. A thought flew through her mind. "What do you mean by that?" She asked. courious. Could it be we have met before? She pondered.

"Never mind. It is only...  I remember you being more of a free spirit, instead of the serious type." He stated, a soft touch of sadness lingered in his voice. It seemed he was saddened by her lack of emotional energie.

"We have met before." She stated to the unfamiliar face. She was still thinking about the time she had so called met him. 

"Yes! But only for a brief moment I'm afraid." He said. She slowly tilted her head in confusion. Every face she had met flashed before her eyes but none had the fiery hair this man had.

"I think I'm going to need more information than that, if you wish me to remember you." She said. He hunched over his knees. A troubled look appeared on his face.

"I see. I presume it wasn't true then?" He asked, sticking to the pronoun game.

"Was what true?" She inquired. A sorry smile showed on his face before answering, "That you were willing to look for a marriage partner. Or so said the rumour." Somehow it didn't come to all that of a shock to her that that was the rumour going around. However, it still tugged at her to want to know where it originated. She knew that her father had been dropping hints lately, about grandchildren and her mother has been constantly obsessed with her love live since she was twelve.

A maid came in and brought each a cup of tea. She eyed the man before her in a lustfull state. But the Ginger headed man deliberately ignored her. He only seemed to have interest in Eleanor. A gesture she found rather unpleasend. She disliked the deep stares he gave her.