Mr. Kingsley

He was tall, well build, he had dark hair and dark eyes. Dressed in dark jeans and a white v-neck he walked across the room until he was standing in front of me, his eyes never leaving me since he stepped in to the room. 

He was not old at all. I thought of an at least 40 years old man when I first heard his name but instead I suppose he wasn't even 30.

He ran his hand through his dark hair. It wasn't styled at all but it still looked perfect. His hair was a little bit longer. With long I mean ear-long, not shoulder long, but I guess even that would suit him.

I stood up to show him my respect and stretched my hand out.

"Hi Mr. Kingsley. My name is.."

"I know who you are. Save it." he interrupted me harshly.

Wait what.

''You're late.'' he stated when I didn't answer.

"I'm really sorry, the bus dropped the other people off first." I said, not really knowing that there was a time set for my arrival.

He rolled his eyes.

I stood there, not knowing what to say. Here I was, all alone in a foreign country with a good looking boss who actually gives a shit about me.

Actually he wasn't only my boss but also my 'Host-Dad' and the word 'Dad' didn't really suit for me. It was actually the weirdest and most cringey word I would ever use to relate to him.

"You are going to babysit Dan 24/7. He is in bed now but you will get to know him tomorrow. Wake him up at 8. He has to leave for Kindergarten at 9. Catch him at 2 and then you'll entertain him until I come home from work at 7. Mrs. Collins will show you to your room. We'll talk about the money you get when I see how you take care of my son. That's it. "

With that he averted his cold gaze from me, turned around and left.

"I.." I started but I couldn't finish what I wanted to say. I didn't even know what I wanted to say.

"Oh honey." Mrs. Collins, the housekeeper cooed. She came and pulled me into a hug. Apparently she overheard this conversation.

"Don't take him so serious. He'll warm up with you eventually. He is always like this when he meets new people who are going to play a role in his life. But he'll change, I promise. And you also have me ! So if you don't know what to do, don't mind knocking on my door. Come on I'll take you to your room. You need rest , you look so tired." she babbled on and on. " I'll make you a sandwich. You must be hungry. Come on."

I was glad that there was at least one person that cared about me. Maybe I should've called Mr. Kingsley before I committed myself to live with him, like Mrs. Marlo had written it in the letter. But I didn't bother calling them since I actually was supposed to match 99% with Mr. Kingsley.

99% my ass.

After Mrs. Collins made me a sandwich and showed me to my room I started to unpack. 

My room looked pretty normal compared to the rest of the mansion. It had plain white walls, a kingsize bed and a table, a closet and an ensuite bathroom. But the best thing was that I had a balcony and a view directly towards the garden. So after I showered and unpacked the essential things from my cases I decided to sit down on the balcony and watch the garden. The moon was shining bright and there were also fairylights in the garden. All in all it looked incredibly beautiful.

It was a chill night but I didn't need a blanket. I took my phone and remembered I had to text Milkman and Jamie but they had texted me already.

Milkman:  And ?? How is it? Mine is quite cool. We immediately ordered pizza and now we're watching HSM :D I think I might enjoy it here. xx