The Red Feather

The Red Feather

Prologue

Her light pink hair glistened in the sunlight as her limp body lay on the shore of the beach. Her hair was sprawled all around her and was moving whenever the little waves hit the strands of hair. Her eyes closed, and even if they were open, they would be dead. Her body was cold to the touch and her chest hadn’t risen of fallen in the past minute.

He stood there, by the lifeless body of the girl he loved, and wept. His salty tears landed gracefully on her cheeks and arms. They made her skin simmer when the sun hit her. He collapsed beside her. His hands clutched her body and he silently begged for her to open her eyes. She did not obey him. She never did.

“Just keep smiling. You do, after all, look best when you smile.”

His head snapped up and he looked at her face. Her pale pink eyes were open and she smiled. She leaned up and kissed him for the last time. She let the darkness take her away, and she turned to glitter and feathers and the wind blew her away.

She was gone. The only girl who ever understood him, was gone. She would never be back.

“Sugar, we’re going down swinging.” The man said and clutched the single red feather that lay in his hand.

He turned his back to the ocean and picked up his gun. He shot at the large rock and the bullet went through it. Blood oozed from behind the rock and he smiled. He tied the feather to his necklace and kissed it. 

The Song is the Song of this whole story. So please listen to it.

There will be pictures of the characters as they appear in the story. :) 

I really love this story. So please, comments, votes, and any advice is glady appreciated.