Twenty Three

North Wales, Pennsylvania

It was a quarter past noon on a hot Sunday and Nicki found herself dressed and ready to hit the streets to handle business. After finding out Meek was in jail and a night of crying, she was up and on the hunt for answers. She grabbed the keys to his Mercedes and was out the door.

She steered the luxury car through the Philadelphia traffic and thirty five minutes later, she was pulling up to their warehouse. Just as she suspected Tak, Pmon and Omelly's car were all parked outside. She stepped out of the car and hit the lock button on the keys. She walked to the side of the building and banged on the door until it was opened by Omelly.

"Nic, you know I can't have you in here. Meek would have a damn fit." He sighed and stood in the doorway. She pushed past him and walked inside seeing multiple men and women at work creating the product and bagging it up for it to be distributed through the streets.

"Well Rihmeek isn't here is he? Where are the others?" Nicki asked with an attitude. Omelly shook his head and led her to a room towards the back where Tak and Pmon where sitting.

"Aw shit." Pmon mumbled lowly once the two came through the door. Nicki sat down in one of the chairs and placed her purse on the the table.

"So what's up with Rihmeek? I came here for answers and I know one, if not all of y'all know." She said sternly. They all looked at each other back and forth, but no one said a word. "Oh, so now y'all don't know shit?"

Tak sighed. "It ain't our place to tell you, that's something you have to discuss with him."

"He can't tell me anything with calls being recorded right? Exactly, so as his girlfriend I need to know what's going on with him."

"I'ma be real with you Nic. Meek love you like crazy and whatever you told him happened between you and yo old dude caused him to push up on him. I don't know how he found out it was Meek, but clearly the nigga snitched and that's why he in this situation." Pmon voiced.

Nicki's blood began to boil instantly and if looks could kill, they all would be dead. It angered her that Meek would go behind her back and risk his freedom over Safaree after she said to leave the situation alone. Sure she was appreciative that he would go through such measures to defend and protect her, but having him home with her couldn't compare.

"I told Rihmeek to leave the situation alone, but he swore I was trying to protect Safaree when I was really trying to protect him! Now he's going to be sitting in jail for who knows how long over something so dumb!"

"The only way he would be looking at time is if the nigga take the stand but he won't. It's already being handled." Tak assured but Nicki shook her head.

"No, all of y'all stay out of this. Enough has already been done, I'll handle it." Nicki said as she stood from the chair. She grabbed her purse and slid her shades over her eyes.

"Nah, you can't go around him anymore you know Meek wouldn't go for that, especially after what he did to you."

Nicki didn't respond as she walked through the warehouse and slammed the door behind her. After getting into Meek's car and turning on the engine, she pulled the car towards the street and began to drive. She didn't know where she was going from here or how she was going to deal with Safaree, but she knew she needed Meek home.

Later That Day

Nicki laid back on the plush couch in the living room watching tv, but it was more so watching her. She stared up at the ceiling as a million thoughts ran through her mind and her loneliness began to eat at her.

Minutes later the doorbell rang loudly throughout the house breaking her from her thoughts. She stood up from the couch and secured her robe tightly around her waist. She looked through the peephole and smiled once she noticed it was all of her friends with food.