Part 2 Of The Princess Tame a Samurai

Luffy and Nami snuck out of the palace, Nami leading the way like she had a secret plan she hadn’t shared yet. Luffy, still a little dazed from how insanely quick things had flipped, just followed her, his hand still in hers. They darted through the quiet, moonlit streets, with Nami’s sly grin never leaving her face.

Once they reached a quieter part of the city, Luffy finally asked, “So... where are we going?”

Nami glanced back at him, her orange hair glowing under the pale moonlight. “Somewhere you didn’t plan on killing me,” she teased, sticking her tongue out. “Unless you’ve got other plans, Samurai boy?”

Luffy scratched his head, clearly still flustered. “I already said I’m not gonna kill you! Why do you keep bringing that up?”

“Because it’s funny watching you squirm!” Nami laughed. She stopped in her tracks, turning to face him with that same cheeky grin. “I mean, you show up all mysterious and serious, like some badass assassin, and now look at you—following me like a lost puppy.”

Luffy crossed his arms, trying to regain a bit of his pride. “I’m not a puppy! I’m just... making sure you don’t get hurt.”

Nami raised an eyebrow. “Ohhh, so now you’re my protector, huh?” She stepped closer to him, her eyes locking with his. “Look at you, falling in love with the princess you were supposed to *kill*. You’re really something, Samurai.”

Luffy’s face turned red again, and he tried to stammer out some kind of denial. “I’m not—! I mean—It’s not like that!”

But Nami, ever the confident one, just smirked and turned on her heel. “Sure, sure. Keep telling yourself that.”

They kept walking until they reached a small clearing near a quiet lake, the water shimmering under the moon’s reflection. Nami sat down on a nearby rock, looking out over the water. “You know,” she began, her voice a bit softer now, “I didn’t really expect tonight to go like this either.”

Luffy, still standing awkwardly nearby, finally sat down beside her. “Yeah... me neither.”

Nami glanced over at him, her playful demeanor fading slightly. “So, what’s your story, Luffy? Why were you sent to kill me, anyway?”

Luffy hesitated, then sighed. “It’s not really something I wanted to do. I was just following orders from my boss. I guess he thought taking out the royal family would... I dunno, solve some problem or something.”

Nami leaned back, staring up at the stars. “Royal families are always getting targeted. It’s exhausting, honestly. Everyone thinks we’re either corrupt or too powerful or something. Sometimes I just want to be free, like a normal person.”

Luffy looked at her, really seeing her for the first time. “You don’t act like a normal princess.”

Nami chuckled. “And you don’t act like a normal assassin.”

There was a pause, a comfortable silence settling between them as they sat under the stars, the sound of the lake softly lapping at the shore. Luffy was the first to break the quiet. “So... what do we do now?”

Nami smiled at him, her sassy attitude returning. “Well, I don’t know about you, but I think it’s time we figure out how to take down your boss. After all, I can’t exactly go back home now that I’ve got a cute little samurai following me around.”

Luffy’s eyes widened. “Take down my boss?!”

“Yep!” Nami grinned, standing up and stretching. “You think I’m just gonna sit around and wait for someone else to try and kill me? Nah. If I’m gonna survive, I might as well have some fun doing it. And you, Samurai boy, are gonna help me.”

Luffy blinked, trying to keep up with her wild plan. “Why me?”

Nami smirked, leaning in close again. “Because you already fell for me, duh. And besides,” she added, her voice dropping to a playful whisper, “I think you like me bossing you around.”

Luffy’s face flushed again. “I do not!”

Nami laughed and started walking off toward the forest path. “Come on, we’ve got a long night ahead of us. Try to keep up, Samurai!”

Luffy, still trying to process how his night had gone from assassin to sidekick to something else, hurried after her. He might’ve been sent to kill her, but somehow, he had a feeling that following Princess Nami was going to be a lot more dangerous—and a lot more fun—than he ever expected.