Chapter 10: A new aquaintance

Hazey light reflected from multiple monitor screens, casting a blue light across the room. Before the many screens stood a white haired woman, with distinct, x-shaped glasses that had differently coloured lenses (one blue/cyan and the other pink).

A short, holographic robot child seemed to appear, emitting a similar blue light to the monitors.

"■■■■■? Another anomaly seems to have appeared.."

Some words seemed to have been censored out, as if trying to conceal the identities of these strange people.

The white haired girl turned her head to the hologram, an expression that seemed to be a mixture of surprise, amusement and irritation painted on her face.

"Oh? Is that so, ■■■■? And so soon after the last one..."

The girl turned back the the monitors. She typed up a few things, multiple stuff flashing up on the screens. Eventually the strange woman stepped back, muttering under her breath.

"Why was I even surprised... Well then, ■■■■, it seems a visit to Variant 41 in the Star Stream is in order!"

The robot child seemed hesitant and worried.

"Will... You be gone long?"

The white haired woman grabbed her coat, throwing it over her shoulders and heading towards the door.

"Haha.. What kind of question even is that? Of course, I will. I always am anyways. You'll be fine. Relax!"

The door swung open and the girl stepped outside, still mumbling to herself.

"Hmm... Perhaps I should bring Willow with me...."

...

Her voice eventually began to fade away, and the area began to grow darker, before fading away into nothingness.

***

Jiseong blinked open his eyes, finding himself walking down train tracks in a long tunnel. Had he been daydreaming?...

A daydream that vivid... It felt weird. Actually it felt more like an actual dream than a daydream.

How long had he been walking anyways for such a dream to occur?

Eventually, the station neared. I lifted the Blackout Goggles from my eyes, no longer needing them due to the light from Bomun station, and put them back on my head.

I hastily climbed up onto the platform from the tracks, eager to reunite with my friends and classmates.

I glanced down at the marine longhorn spike in my hand. It was in a terrible state: quite worn down with a few cracks in it. The tip of the spike even seemed to be crumbling away.

I was slightly surprised at how easily it had worn down, but then I remembered how I had torn a literal wall down with it.

I threw the tattered spike back down onto the tracks. It wouldn't do me any good to keep a broken spike with me. Besides, I have another.

I turned my gaze towards the groups of people within Bomun station, and immediately became disheartened.

There... Were so many people... How on Earth was I meant to find my friends now?

"And bad luck strikes again...."

[The constellation 'Two-faced Overthinker' is curious about whether you were this unlucky before the scenarios.]

Haha... You don't want to know.

I blindly wandered through the station, searching for any familiar faces. I could feel the gazes of various people on me as I passed by. It was probably due to the injuries littering my body.