Chapter 4

THIRD PERSON P.O.V. (NOBODY'S P.O.V.)

Hinata got nothing to do and nowhere to go. He requires to know more about the world he's living in now. He started wandering around, leaving Kageyama without him knowing. He started with the apartment.

Something keeps him curious. The door with a different color among the rest that lies at the hallway's end makes Hinata itch to get inside it. The 21st door. Hinata proceeded towards that door until someone prevented him from going in. Hinata was holding the door's knob when someone stopped him.

"Young man, I suppose you shouldn't be going inside that room."

"T-Tegram?" Hinata recognized the old man.

"You're prohibited from entering that room. You're not a member of the association taking place in that room, yes?" Tegram confirmed Hinata's status.

"Y-yeah, that's true, but, may I know what's inside, then? It's just that this room stands out from the rest." Hinata knew that he just asked for naught, but still hoped for something to be a benefit from what he questioned.

"Spirit Gyro."

"Huh?"

"Spirit Gyro is the association I'm talking about. This association is made to protect Alumoura and conquer evil. Of course, the members should be no ordinary spirits. The members must be elemental spirits. Being part of this job is also a way to get money, just like other jobs out there. If you have seen the map of Alumoura, Icefront is at the northern lands, where the big boss is."

"Woah. So they keep the peace around Alumoura... Oh, thanks for the info, Tegram."

"There's one thing I'd like to request to you, young man." Tegram made Hinata tense a little. "Don't spread this info to other spirits. The association doesn't like to cause a ruckus anywhere once something comes up. I told you about this because you look reliable enough to keep this as a secret."

"Uh, yes, my lips are sealed. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll be going back now to our room..." and Hinata got dismayed for not having to see the room's interior, but he got satisfied with the information he just got.

Hinata said in his thoughts, "Kageyama's working online... and his profit is just enough to pay for our needs, both of us... I also need to work, but back in the Earth, I was having trouble picking a course..."

"Oh," Hinata reached their room, held the doorknob, then came in.

"Kageyama. I had a bright idea. I thought I might share it with ya," Hinata proceeded inside, seeing Kageyama cooking something.

"Let's have breakfast, Hinata. I'm almost done cooking."

"K-Kageyama!!! Listen!" Hinata screamed out, forcing the raven-haired boy to listen to what he has to share.

"I'll listen to you once we're eating," and so, Kageyama set the table and prepared the food. Kageyama sat on the chair with Hinata sitting on the chair at the table's other end.

"Kageyama. I decided to ask to join Spirit Gyro," Hinata got seriousness gleaming from his eyes.

"Suit yourself, then," Kageyama calmly replied that surprised Hinata.

"Wait, don't tell me you're not against it??!"

"I know you're a dumbass for joining those of higher ranks than you, but, I'm pretty sure someone's gonna be assigned to be your superior and train you. I heard it from Tegram. Newbies are trained," Kageyama just made Hinata smile.

"Woooh! Thank goodness you didn't act like you're parenting me! Wahaha!" Hinata rushed outside, going back up to the apartment's entrance to go and talk to Tegram. Kageyama was left eating on the table alone.

"Tss. Not only did he leave the door open, but, he also left his unfinished food here. That's strange, considering the type of his appetite," Kageyama just continued eating his warm soup.

*****

"What do you need, young man?" Tegram questioned Hinata while not having eye contact because of typing. Hinata just spoke while Tegram's fixed his sight on the laptop.

Hinata said his business, and he left Tegram deep in his thoughts. Hinata made a small yelp when Tegram suddenly spoke.

"Young man... Are you sure about this?"

"I am."

Tegram saw that this boy's irresistible to begin with, having an obvious burning passion.

*****

"So, he must have gotten out of his lair." Razel caressed her cheeks as she heard out Diana's report.

"Lair?"

"Dracus. That man... is superbly a threat to us all. His movements meant to take over us all, and we aren't even sure if his process is going smoothly or not." Razel's gaze dropped with seriousness.

"I'm glad you're here, all of you. No absentees." Razel said right before an orange-haired boy marched into the room with Tegram. It was Hinata.

"I'm here to apply for a job. Please hire me," Hinata panted, both hands standing on his bent knees as support.

"What the heck? Who gave you permission to-" Razel was cut off by Tegram, "Me. I gave this boy the permission."

A moment of silence took over the room. Tegram spoke once again.

"I see potential in this young one, though, you're still the one to judge him about being your comrade. Now, if you'll excuse me, I still have some paperwork pending." And with that, Tegram left the room, closing the door. Now it's just me to stand for myself.

Razel raised a brow to Hinata, while saying "I was about to discuss something important here, then you butted in. I suppose I could delay hiring you for a moment?" Calmly, these words were spoken.

"Um... Understood..." Hinata stooped down over to the back of the room when he was ordered to do so. He didn't believe at first that the green-haired water spirit was the commander.

*****

SHOYO HINATA'S P.O.V.

I got recruited. Just that quickly. I smiled, even though acknowledging that I am possessing the lowest position on the lowest-ranked sectors of the organization... Well, that's not what matters now. I've been tasked only to aid my commander and co-members in their quests. I cannot engage in enormous, raw duels nor should I act on my own.

Devising plans are one of the abilities I've improved lately, and I'm itching to take part in an action. Dracus. Little is the knowledge of mine about that man and also the potential I have in me. It's true... What Commander Razel advised to me.

Patience is needed to get stronger. I gotta improve the capabilities of my element so that I could reach their level.

For now, I've been tasked to guard the Sector C headquarters whenever they're gone. This means I'll be left here. It seems small for a headquarters, but, it also seems that I'm gonna fit in just like how the others did.

I smiled again, with fear mixing in.

I thought about Dracus again. Whatever he plans to do, from what I've heard, it must not be good. I want to see him falling and failing, because, of course, who'd want a criminal roaming around freely, plotting a dark operation or who-knows-what?

But for now, I've got a small job. Fitted just right, I've got no choice. Whatever happens and the commander's gone, she said I have to contact her.

I stretched out my arms, contented that I got hired, turned my back against the window and watched Commander Razel, Mio, Diana, Brandon, Daisuke and Krylen walk out the room.

"Goodbye, everyone! Commander, I promise to guard the headquarters and report if something happens!" The door was shut slowly.

From the outside, I heard a husky voice. It was Daisuke's. "Tegram seems to be right about Hinata. He looks like he has determination and passion."

Just hearing that made me smile once again, for the third time this minute.