Chapter One

Choi Sun Baes Pov.
I took a deep breath, and made my way out of my apartment building. Today was my first day at St. Claire Insane Asylum. I was extremely nervous, I didn't know what to expect. But, I knew for a fact it wouldn't be a fun job. My mom had been pestering me about getting a job and moving out, and now that I did I realized I'm not ready for this. My new boss had informed me yesterday that there would be a new patient admitted there today. I wasn't quite nervous at that, what made me nervous is that I would be his nurse. I don't mind the patients, I just mind the fact some of them can get out hand sometimes. Making my way around the corner I realized I had been shaking this entire time. I stopped at a nearby store to grab a bottle of water, it was freezing outside and I forgot to wear gloves. My hands were almost ice, due to the cold weather. I walked to the back of the store and grabbed a bottle of water, then walking to the cash register.

"Is this all?" The man behind the counter, questioned me. I hadn't been paying attention, I was too focused on my hands.

"Excuse me, ma'am. Is this all?" I looked up quickly and nodded.

"Yes, my apologies." I whispered, bowing handing him the money.

"You know maybe next time you should consider wearing gloves." He must have noticed me shoving my hands into my pockets, as I nodded. I grabbed the water bottle and made my way out. I don't know why I'm so nervous, it's just a job after all. My phone buzzed in my pocket and I sat my water bottle down and answered it.

"Hello?" I asked quietly, I looked around and noticed the small amount of people outside at this time.

"Sweetheart, how is your job?" It was my mom, I picked my water bottle back up and continued walking.

"I haven't technically arrived there yet." I responded, turning another block.

"You know I heard patients in Mental hospitals like that, tend to get aggressive towards the staff." She sure wasn't helping ease my nervousness.

"I'm pretty sure that's why they're in the hospital to begin with." I said, I reached the building and stopped.

"I'll call you after work." I whispered, hanging up and placing my phone in my pocket. I walked up the steep steps, opening the very large doors. The hallway was completely empty, but the sound of screams erupted down the hallway. I cringed at the sound, and began walking down the hallway. I passed by several cells, the patients didn't seem as aggressive as I thought they would be. They mainly just stared at me as I passed by, I made my way to my bosses office and knocked.

"Come in dear." I heard her yell from the other side of the door. I twisted the door knob and peeked my head inside.

"Don't be shy, come in." She said, I opened the door all the way and made my way towards her desk.

"Please, take a seat." She smiled, I sat my bottle on the ground and sat down quickly.

"Well, your patient should be arriving soon. But, as of now all I can tell you is his room will be 120c." I nodded, not making eye contact.

"You'll be in the nurses office, most of the time. Also, I would like you to patrol the cafeteria during the lunch break." I looked up quickly, just in time to see her smile.

"But, you said all I would have to do was nurse the new patient." I whispered, she shrugged.

"Indeed I did say that, but I also need someone to patrol the cafeteria. Be great full I chose you on your first day." I nodded and stood up. I heard a bell ring above us and I covered my ears. I wasn't good with loud sounds.

"The new patient is arriving soon, meet me outside with the rest of the staff." She said standing up and walking towards the door. I stood in my spot, staring at the wall.

"Well, aren't you coming?" She questioned, I snapped out of my thoughts and nodded.

"Yes ma'am." I whispered, I made my way out the office and outside. The front of the building was crowded with reporters and staff. I stood in the back, afraid to be seen by anybody.

"You must be the new nurse." I turned around to see a girl smiling at me.

"Yes, I am." I whispered, she smiled and nodded.

"My names Minjae, Kim Minjae to be precise. I'm head nurse." She smiled, extending her hand to shake mine. I grabbed her hand slowly and shook it.

"My names Choi Sun Bae." She smiled, pulling her hand away.

"May I ask, what's the new patients name." I asked quietly, she looked at me smiling.

"I heard his names Jeon Jungkook." I nodded, turning around to face the entrance.

"Rumor has it, he set his entire family on fire and hid their bodies." My eyes widened as I turned around to face her.

"I know crazy isn't it, i would hate to be you." She said, looking through the crowd. I looked at the ground, I became much more nervous than before. I heard a bunch of people screaming death threats and cameras snapping. I looked up to see a van pulling up the front entrance.

"Kill him!" I heard a women shout, normally I wouldn't mind the threats being thrown around to a criminal. But, for some reason I found it offensive when they yelled them.

"It would be a joke if they found him innocent." Minjae whispered behind me, I looked at the ground then back up. Two men got out of the van and walked to the back of it. Dragging a boy out, I tried to look over the crowd of people to see but there was far too many people. Death threats were being thrown at the boy, I moved towards the entrance to get a better look as they dragged the boy up the stairs. He was looking down and I couldn't see his face clearly. I leaned to the side to get a better view as he made his way to the top of the stairs. He looked up quickly as we made eye contact, I saw him smirk as they pulled him in the building. I felt disgusted, his presence made me feel uneasy. I have no idea how I'm going to survive this place.