Our First Encounter

{1342 words}

Katilin's P.O.V.

It was the third year of middle school. I've been attending Ouran since I was little, but this year was different. The gossip with the girls was that the Hitachiin brothers were cold-hearted jerks. When I would ask why they'd start crying. So, I gave one of the boys a "love letter", as I overheard one girl saying, and was now awaiting Kaoru by the fountain. "You weren't waiting too long, were you?" A male voice called out from my left.

Looking that way, I shook my head and glanced around. "No, I just got here." He was now standing in front of me. As he opened his mouth to say something, I cut him off and raised an eyebrow. "Say, where's Hikaru? You two are almost inseparable. I can't imagine you came here alone, now, did you, Kaoru?"

He stared at me for a moment in shock before wiping the look off and going on with his script. "I'm not Kaoru. You must have placed the letter on the wrong desk by accident." He smiled sweetly, about to go on.

"No. I didn't. I put it on your desk for sure, Kao-chan."
Again, he froze, not exactly knowing what to do. He glanced back at the hedges then quickly back at me.

"Is Hika-chan back there?" I questioned. No answer. "Let me guess. You two believed that I would be another contestant that failed your little game." I paused, waiting for a response.

Nothing.Just an astonished expression.

So I went on. "Hate to break it to ya, babe, but I'm not stupid."

I put my hand in the air and waved it, calling to the other twin. When he heard, he stumbled out from behind the bush, sharing a freaked out look with Kaoru.

"Come and join us!" I waved him over, smiling cheerfully.

When he made it over, he scoffed. "Heh. Who the hell are you to address me as your friend?" His face was twisted in disgust, trying to cover up their complete and total surprise. "I mean, really. You should work on your fashion sense and get a different haircut! It disgusts me!" Hikaru went on, throwing insult after insult at me.

My eyes watered and he made a look of satisfaction. "You're so mean!" I cried out, mockingly.

Of course, they didn't notice at first. I stood up straight and stared at the twin on the right, Hikaru.

"Wow. You two really are asses. To think, I might have actually felt something for one of you... What a shame." I turned to walk away, a smirk played across my lips.

I stopped, turning to them again. "Oh, and Kaoru, thanks for not being that big of an ass. Maybe teach your brother some manners." I giggled at their faces and leaned forward, planting a kiss on his cheek.

"See ya!" I turned and made a peace sign at them. I chuckled to myself. I just made the biggest impression of my life.

///Time Skip!///

After the weekend, I was apparently the new gossip around the school.

Everyone was talking about how "the twins were looking for me" or "did you hear about the girl who burned the twins?".

I turned the corner and saw the two standing in front of the classroom. "Have you seen a girl with long red hair and green eyes about yay high?" Kaoru asked a group of girls that were entering the classroom.

They all shook their heads, but one stopped to talk, I guess. "Do you mean Katilin Tanaca?" She asked, looking up at them both.

Their eyes widened at my name and nodded. "Yeah! I think so! She's in our class, right?" Hikaru got closer to her, making her blush.

I sweatdropped at how excited they were to know my name. The bell rang and everyone rushed to their classrooms, including the twins, so I had an opening.

I quickly made sure not to look at the group or the twins, but they noticed me anyway.

The entire class, they threw paper or anything they could find at the back of my head.

"Miss Tanaca! Hitachiin twins! Go out of the classroom now!" The teacher yelled at us. "But, Mr. J-" "Outside!" He cut me off and I glared back at the two. They smiled and shrugged as we walked to the door.

Once the door shut, I ignored them completely. "Katilin, we need to talk to you!" Hikaru whispered yelled harshly. "Not with that attitude, you don't." I scoffed, turning my back on them.

He growled and went on yelling at me. The door opened swiftly and Mr. Junaco was stood there, glaring at them. "You two! One more strike and I'll send you to the office!" He whisper-shouted at them. Looking between them and me, he sighed, directing his attention to the guys. "What has gotten into you two? You never talk in class." He questioned. They both stayed quiet and Mr. Junaco gave up, going back to the classroom.

Kaoru stepped forward and placed a hand on my shoulder. A small tint of pink painted my cheeks at the touch, but I shook it off. "Katilin, can we please talk to you about this?" He asked softly. I looked away from his gaze and mumbled under my breath. "Fine. But not at school...." If a certain someone saw me talking with them, he'd want to know exactly how I know these things. A certain freak that'll be the death of me.

After school, they practically kidnapped me. "W-What the?!" I blinked, my eyes wide as I looked around the limousine. "Why didn't you just ask?!" I glared at them, a dark aura surrounding me. They shrugged and kept glancing between me and each other. "Is there something on my face?" I stared back, my voice as monotone as ever. "How would you-" "Like to go on a date?" Kaoru finished with a smile. My expression didn't change as I sat there staring at them. After what seemed like 5 minutes, Kaoru's expression faltered slightly.

I softened mine and replaced the blank one with a small smile. "You two really are the only ones...." I trailed off, looking between them. "What is that supposed to mean?" Hikaru made a weird face. I giggled at his defensiveness.

"That wasn't supposed to mean anything in particular. Just that... you two have wanted someone to break that barrier down for so long... you don't even know what to do." I reached forward and grabbed both of their hands, squeezing them slightly. Both stared at them with a range of emotions on their face.

"Let's just hang out somewhere. Have a little fun. The year is almost over, so we'll have to exchange numbers if that's okay with you two. Then I'll introduce you guys to my two best friends. They're going to be honor students next year."

They stared at me for a couple of minutes before nodding slowly. Now... This should be interesting.

///Time Skip!///

The two of them just followed me around, not knowing what to do. I sighed and turned to them. "You guys need to loosen up! We're supposed to be having fun!" They just stared at me. I groaned and covered my face with my hands. "This is going to be a lot harder than I thought...." I mumbled to myself. Turning to them, I narrowed my eyes and place my hands on my hips. "What do you two do for fun?" At that, a huge smirk grew on their faces. I don't like that look.....

"Come to think of it..." Kaoru started. "We did have an idea of what to do to you..." Hikaru went on. "I'm not sure... we're that acquainted yet..." Kaoru finished. I sweatdropped and sighed. "You are not dressing me up."

The smirks only grew as they stepped closer. "I said no. No no no no no no no no!"

The last thing I remember is being dragged to the car and riding to their mansion.