We All Wear Our Masks

It was four 0'clock in the morning when Josh was woken by a text.

[Tyler]: I think we should wear masks of some sort. For the first few songs. For big shows. Maybe small shows too. Message any masks you research.

[Josh]: That could be sweet. I'll research.

Josh was confused on why Tyler texted him since he was on the couch next to him but followed through with his thought. They both exchanged some mask ideas and planned to look for some in the afternoon.

__________________________________________________________

After Tyler was done with his morning college classes, it was finally time for the bro adventure and Tyler and Josh started it off by going mattress shopping. They tested out the mattresses and eventually found two cheap but fair mattresses for their rooms. Next stop: the local thrift shop.

They walked in and were overwhelmed by how much there was in there.

"If you get lost just shout my name." Josh said looking over to Tyler with a scared expression.

"No worries, I'll do so. Just stick by my side." Tyler said as they started wandering through the store.

They found many things in that thrift shop.

A huge shirt with their home state Ohio on it.

A coconut bra wrapped around a shark. Tyler called it a 'coconut shark' and Josh broke down laughing in the middle of the store.

They were looking at the hat section when something caught Tyler's eyes. He wandered off from Josh and picked up the item he was looking at. It was a blue ski mask. It was exactly what he was looking for with the masks. Wanting to show Josh he called his name out

"Josh Dun!"

Josh came to Tyler.

"Okay, I didn't mean it literally." Josh said.

"Sorry, but I think I found a mask." Tyler said showing him the ski mask.

"A ski mask? It's pretty cool, but wouldn't people think we're going to like, rob them, or something?"

It's a stupid mask.

No one will get the concept.

"It's a mask, it doesn't have to represent that."

"Is there another one?"

They looked around and found a red ski mask.

"If you really feel like these are the masks then let's go for it, but why masks Tyler? I know it's something to make us stand out or to give an unforgettable experience, I get that, but knowing you it means more than that."

He was right, these masks would hold something much more meaningful than that.

They sat down on the bench in the hat section.

"You see, last night I was thinking about what happened and I started writing a new song about it and well here, just read the lyrics first."

Tyler took his journal out from his coat pocket and handed it to Josh.

We've turned our hands to guns, trade in our thumbs for ammunition,
I must forewarn you, of my disorder, or my condition,
'Cause when the sun sets, it upsets what's left of my invested interest,
Interested in putting my fingers to my head,
The solution is, I see a whole room of these mutant kids,
Fused at the wrist, I simply tell them they should shoot at this,
Simply suggest my chest and this confused music, it's,
Obviously best for them to turn their guns to a fist.

I'm trying, I'm trying to sleep,
But I can't, but I can't when you all have,
Guns for hands, yeah.