The Power Of Thor

Stoick the Vast gripped tightly to a plank of wood that used to be part of his ship. He struggled to keep afloat as waves of great force and velocity, thrashed him against other waves; several times he was submerged in the waters and pulled along the current. Stoick, furiously searched for his wife, Valka, who he hadn't seen since the ship had been destroyed by the storm.
The Chief had called for another search for the dragons nest at Helhiem's gate and Valka had volunteered to come with. No matter how much Stoick begged, asked, told or ordered, Valka still went, insisting that if they were to die, they would die together and meet their son in Vahalla. It had been fifteen years since their son Hiccup was taken by dragons; Valka refused to have anymore children, in fear for losing another child by dragons, sickness or death at birth. She couldn't cope with it and allowed Stoick to announce their nephew Snotlout as heir to the throne of Berk.
Halfway through the journey a storm had erupted and caused chaos among the fleet, strong winds and currents separated the ships apart and drifted them off course. The Chiefs ship had been struck by lightning and bursted into flames, the waves had torn it to bits. As Gobber would say: 'Thor, must be angry'. Stoick, was thrown overboard by the force of the wave and found a piece of wood he could hold on to and float with as the distance between him and his armada grew. He had lost sight of the fleet in a short amount of time and was frantically searching for his wife.
"Valka!" he yelled over and over again "Where are you?!"
"Stoick!"
The Chief turned to see his wife and loyal two limbed friend, Gobber, on a floating platform about twenty metres away. As fast as he could swim, Stoick had reached the other two with some difficulty; against the strong current, he climbed onto the platform and embraced his wife letting out a sigh of relief. The three of them stayed close together for warmth and protection as their platform sailed the rough waves and was pelted with heavy rain.
An hour passed and they drifted out of the storm and into a cold icy wasteland of icebergs, glaciers and bitter cold winds. Valka shivered and huddled closer to her husband, to keep warm and to gain some comfort from the situation. Stoick felt his wife shift closer to him and wrapped a big arm around her shoulder while smiling down at her, telling her they'll be alright. The platform bumped onto the shore of a huge glacier that was covered in snow, big broken pieces of icicles littered the ground, the glacier was as big as the Great Hall back on Berk, with a course surface and wide ridges, the glacier had and entrance about four metres tall and three metres wide. The three Berkians got off the platform and dragged it onto the shore, Valka looked around at the surroundings and noticed their was no sign of animal or plant life anywhere. A cold breeze chilled Valka to the bone and she looked down at her clothes and saw they all wet, and realised that all their clothes were wet and would surely freeze to death if they didn't find anything to keep the three of them warm.
As Stoick and Gobber discussed about what to do, Valka went to explore the glacier in hopes to find some resources for food and shelter. She walked paths, climbed over pieces of ice and found until she turned the next corner. She gasped at the sight of a wrecked and washed up Viking ship, the sail was ripped, boards of wood were snapped into pieces, the mast had claw and burn marks. Valka figured that dragons had done this and ran back to tell her husband. Stoick and Gobber were nearly at each other's throats when Valka came back and separated the two from killing one another.
"Look, I know that we're in uncharted territory and not in our right minds now, but we can't give up hope. I found a wrecked ship on the west shore of the glacier, we might be able to find something there to help us get back home." Valka rolled her eyes at the two men and began the walk back to the ship. Just as Gobber was going to follow suit, he saw from the corner of his eye,movement of a black object at quick speed that looked a little like a human. He shook it off as a figment of his imagination and followed the Chief and his wife.
They rumaged around the ship, finding blankets, flints, barrels of mead and frozen fish; taking it back to the large cave opening of the glacier. While Valka gathered up some wood for a fire, Stoick and Gobber began to build a raft out the old ship's planks of wood, coils of rope and the ripped sail. Valka carried a good armful of wood and walked back to the glacier unitl she saw a tail flick behind a big ice mound. She placed the wood on the ground and gingerly walked over to where she saw the movement, but before she could investigate, Stoick and Gobber came over and looked at her confusingly.
"Valka!" Stoick called "What are you doing?"
"I thought i saw something move over there" she answered
Stoick sighed in annoyance "Valka, there's nothing there. Or anywhere in this place."
"Actually Stoick," Gobber began "I saw something earlier, i thought it was just my mind playing tricks on me, but it was fast and it kinda looked like a person."
Stoick was about to tell Gobber that that would be impossible, but was interrupted by a loud and ear-piercing roar. The three Vikings looked upwards to see a whole herd of dragons of all kinds of species flying in their direction. Stoick pushed Valka behind him and drew out a small sword from the sheath on his belt. The herd of dragons descended upon them, landing in different but close spots around the Vikings; some perched on the broken ice, a few landed on the glacier and some stayed in the air, surrounding them. Valka noticed that the dragons weren't attacking, just observing while staying on guard, as if they were waiting for their leaders command. A Stormcutter, was amongst the the group in the front lines of the surrounding dragons, and Valka knew it was the same Stormcutter fifteen years ago.
The crowd of dragons parted to create a pathway for a walking figure. Unbeknownst to the Vikings, a black dragon that was smaller than the usual size, stealthily climbed up the side of the big ice mound behind the Berkians. The dragon was ivory black with leather like wings, it had a trianglar face with acid green eyes, the pupils of those eyes were thin and slitted; black ellipse frills stood out and up at the back of the dragons head, the ears were of similar shape but much bigger and pressed down against its head, on each of its four paws were three black sharp claws and its black tail had two tailfins that swished in concentration.
The figure that walked down the path the dragons had parted, was a human, yet dragon like as well. The person was undoubtedfully a male, but coudn't be any older than twenty. The boy had long, shaggy brown russet hair that was tied into a braid down his back with pieces of string with light green beads hanging off them, a mask that was midnight blue and in the shape of the dragons head with diagonal eye slits concealed his face; except his mouth; his clothing was foreign and unusual, he wore a black tunic with a rectangular collar and a dark blue short sleeved shirt that ended halfway down his chest with a v-neck collar of white and grey fur along with the ends of the sleeves was worn over that, black shoulder pads held a clipped dark blue cape that swayed in the wind, brown leather with diamond tessellates ran down the side of his chest, waist, and down the outer side of his legs to his ankles, a long ragged and torn white and grey fur cloth was wrapped around his hips along with a blood red sash. Braces of brown leather with a red tail fin were laced to his wrists, his boots were made of black leather with the same white and grey fur outlining the entry of the boot and brown lengths of material were wrapped around the ankle and heel of both boots.
As he walked Stoick, noticed he had a slight limp form his left foot, but he shook it off when questions had bombarded his mind. Who is he? Where did he come from? Why does he not fear the dragons? That question was answered when the Chief saw that the dragons bowed their heads to this mysterious boy. He was the leader of the pack. The boy carried a staff in his left hand with a metal hook at one end and a sharp blade at the other end that was shaped like overlapping waves, in his right hand was a shield in the shape of a curled fireball painted red. When he came to the end of the pathway, the boy tilted his head upwards the black dragon and gestured a slight nod. The dragon nodded back and as loud it could, it emitted a loud shrieking roar. Stoick, Valka and Gobber, turned to see the dragon and as soon as their back were facing the herd, the others dragons put the plan into action.
"Stoick!"
Stoick looked to see his wife being carried off in the claws of the Stormcutter. He attempted to throw his sword at the dragon, but he too was snatched up a dragon, on he had never seen before, and Gobber was soon carried off as well by a Mounstrous Nightmare. The boy jumped onto the black dragon, standing up on its back and flew off, following the herd of dragons then taking lead. The three Vikings struggled in the dragons vice like grips, shouting to the boy to let them go.
"Put us down!" Stoick yelled "What do you want with us!"
The boy only hissed at him. As a warning that if he didn't shut up he'd tell the dragon to drop him into the freezing ocean.
They flew through thick clouds of mist for a while until they emerged from it and beheld a sight they would never forget. A mass of land blanketed with snow had been the base of a ginormous formation of ice. Giant spikes of ice bursted outwards like stakes, and judging by the angle of them it was made from the inside out. The dragons carried them though an entrance of long tunnels lined with hexagonal pillars, when finally they came to dark wide den with sleeping dragons of different species. Stoick and Gobber were dropped unceremoniously in the middle if the den while Valka was carefully placed in her feet by the Stormcutter. She stumbled a bit but gained her balance.
The mysterious boy was crouching with the herd of dragons from before and the now awake ones in the den. He stared curiously at the Vikings and could vaguely remember the last time he saw one of his own species; as he observed them, he felt like he should know them, the woman and man with the large red beard were strangely familiar to him. The man with the blond braided moustache was familiar too. He didn't know how he knew them, but he was certain he had seen them before.
Valka helped her husband get on his feet and scanned the area that they were taken to, it was dark and cold, dragon crowded around them forming a circle. Her eyes came to the dragon boy and stayed there, she squinted in the darkness to get a better look at him while stepping closer. The strange boy was taking in every feature of her, the brightness of her green eyes caught his attention, and his eyes got her curious. They both had seen those eyes before sometime in their life; they then realised they had the same green iris' and both gasped at the remembrance of the person they hadn't seen in fifteen years.
"Hiccup?"
"Mother?"