𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔 / 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

friday - october 4th, 2002 8:32 a

8:32 a.m.
📍town center

"OKAY ONE MORE time," juliet giggles as she squeezes chase's hand.
"no! i've already repeated it twice," he scoffs with a laugh.
"oh cmon i swear last time!" juliet assures.
   chase inhales deeply "fine. after the kiss my older brother picked me up, threw me over his shoulder then skated around the ice chanting 'chase has girl cooties now' till i cried," chase repeats annoyedly.
juliet just bursts out laughing "cried? i'm sorry it's just too good," she chuckles.
"i was 4! my cousin had told me that if you got cooties you'd never see color or something again," he explains.
"and does lindsay know you cried over this kiss?" she asks with a raise of her brow.
"she watched, but i hardly think she remembers, okay, okay, you're turn," chase insists, rubbing his thumb gently against the back of her hand.

"alright, my first kiss... i was at lacy barrens birthday party in the 6th grade, she had heard about the game 7 minutes in heaven from 13 going on 30, so tex scott spun the bottle which landed between lacy and i which lacy said if that were to happen he got to choose between which girl, tex chose me and we quickly gave a pec on the lips in the closet then sat in there awkwardly for the next 6 minutes," juliet summarises.
"scooter was you're first kiss?!" chase gasps "man that's weird," he huffs.
"i was in 6th grade it's not like i like him no-" "no, no i just mean, cause scooter and lindsay are dating now," he shrugs.

juliet was relieved this was only some funny story telling between the two and that chase wasn't upset with her, nor was she upset with him.

"wait, they're together?" juliet repeats, snapping from her thoughts.
"you didn't see them together after the game?"
"so that's who the blonde girl he was with was! makes sense," juliet clicks.
"funny how that turned out, our first kiss kisses being each other," he states, as they approach luke's.

it had been just over a month since chase asked juliet to be his girlfriend, they were in puppy love, constantly side-by-side, talking on the phone, walking together late at night on their dates, everything there is to a new relationship.

the bell rang as chase pushed it open for his partner, removing his hand from hers as he did so, revealing the busy diner.
juliet pulled her coat off as she walked over to an open seat at the counter.
"morning juliet, chase, just a minute," luke greets as the two take a seat.

luke walks over to a table with an older lady, writing down her order.
the bell rang again, this time it was lorelai and rory, they sat down, waiting for luke to finish.

"i can't wait any longer..." lorelai huffs.
"oh luke! we are just dyin' for some refreshments!" lorelai swoons, speaking in a fancy and funny accent as she swings her napkin around in the air.
"keep your pants on!" he replies.