Chapter 4// friends

Luke's POV

My parents and I were on our way back to the house to pick up my stuff.
"Luke please be on your best behaviour. We have finally found a family that doesn't hate us, so please don't mess this up." My mom said.

"I'll try not to." I mumbled.
"Now hurry up and go inside to pack your bag."

-
I heard Jessica and her mom fighting upstairs.
"Mom, what the fuck is wrong with you? Why the hell did you invite him to stay for a few days?" Jessica yelled at her mom.

"Because he's a polite young man who I think you should hang out with more, and he's very good looking. You two should date." Her mom said.

I gagged that's disgusting. Who would want to date her?

"What if he rapes me in my sleep? Kills me? You don't know this boy!" Jessica yelled, again.

"He won't! Trust me, you'll make friends this way. Now go downstairs." Her mom said

I then heard Jessica stomping down the stairs.

"So your mom thinks I'm good looking, huh?" I said and smirked.

"Shut the fuck up."

"And don't worry I wouldn't want to get in your pants anyways." I said casually.

"You better not even try. I sleep with a knife beside me, watch out."

-

I was sitting on the couch in the basement with Jessica sitting on the furthest couch away from me.
"You're boring." I said and sighed.

"I'm not here to entertain you. I'm forced to be here." She said and rolled her eyes.

"I'll be right back." I said and walked up the stairs.
"I don't care." Jessica said back and continued whatever she was doing on her phone.

I walked into the kitchen where Jessica's mom was standing in front of the sink washing dishes.

"Hello Luke, do you need something?" She asked with a smile.

"Actually yes, I was wondering if I was still allowed to invite my friends over? I'll make sure they won't bother at all." I said like the polite young man she thinks I am.

The only reason I'm being a hell lot nicer Jessica's mom than I am to everyone else, is because it irritates Jessica that her mom actually likes me.

Looks like my charm works on everyone.

"Of course you still can invite your friends over. Just make sure to not be to loud." She said while drying her hands on a towel.
"Thank you." I said and walked away.

I took my phone out of my pocket and walked back down to the basement. I sat back down in my original spot and Jessica was staring at me.

"I know I'm hot, but stop staring." I said and clicked on Michael's number on my phone and put it on speaker.

"Who are you calling?" Jessica asked nervously.

"Hey Michael, do you and Calum still want to hang out?" I asked him. I looked over at Jessica and she was biting her nails.
"Sure. I mean all me and Calum are doing is sitting on the floor and eating pizza. We'll be at your house in like ten minutes."

"Actually I thought we could hang out somewhere else. My mom made me stay over at her friends house for a few days since they went on some anniversary trip. So I'll text you the address." I said and hung up.