Chapter 1

"What's wrong?" I asked my smile disappearing into concern when I saw my parents walk into the house looking troubled.

"Riley, sit down. We need to talk to you." My mom said as she and dad each took a seat on one of the living room couches.

I did as told and took a seat on an empty couch and waited for them to speak. "You guys look concerned." I say watching them carefully eith my brown eyes wide.

"Kido friends of ours called today to ask advice from us," Dad said and then mom took over "yes, and they told us that they are being transferred to go work in a city across the country." I nodded carefully, still not understanding why they look so concerned.

"Okay?"

"They asked what they must; do told us it's a great opportunity but their son only has a year of school left, like you, but he wants to stay and attend here not there. They also say that it would be a bug change and they don't want to risk him getting bad grades because of the change."

"Alright, and why do you look so concerned? I mean, you guys said thet he can live alone in their house right?" I say expectantly.

"Not quite," mom takes a look at dad before her gaze comes back to me "we offered he live here, with us, for the year. They can't have him living alone."

"With a lot of thought and solytions being brought up, we agreed with this one and  they took the offer, but we want to know what you think" dad cut in.

Wait, so they want a perfect stranger to come live with us for a year and they want me to be fine with it?

What if I know this guy? How do they know this guy is in any way a good person and won't kill us in our sleep?

I don't know about them, but I am sleeping with one eye open ... if that is possible.

"So you already offered and they already accepted?" I ask wondering why they still want my, clearly, irrelevant opinion.

They both nod and laugh "yes, and since school is starting soon, he will be coming in later tonight. His parents have to leave tomorrow."

I was just blankly stare at them. I mean I don't have a problem I just wish they asked me before they even offered since I also have to live with this new guy in the house.

"Does he go to my school?" I ask wondering if I maybe know him in order to feel more at ease with this.

I mean, it's not like we don't have the space.

"Yes, but I don't think you guys know each other. We will see tonight, won't we?" My mom says and smiles at me kindly.

I then smile and with a nod get up and walk to my room where I grab my car keys and my bag before going downstairs again.

I go to my parents "I am going out for a while." as I turn to the door my mom stops me "Be back by six that is when they are coming."

"I will try." I gave my dad a kiss on the cheek and soon I am out the door making my way to my car.

I get into my blue Mini cooper and make a phone call to my best friend Lola. She picks up on the second ring, that is why I love her so much, she always answers quickly.

"Hey Ley, what's up?" she says in a cheery voice which is odd.

"Meet me at the mall food court with Michaela in 20, I have news" I say while starting my car.

"Yeah okay, are you okay?" she asks while I hear shuffling and then keys jingling in the background.

"Yeah I am fine I just need to talk to you guys. See you now" I then end the call and make my way to the mall.

I am sitting, eating a hot dog in the food court while waiting for my two best friends Lola and Michaela.

Just about finished when I see them coming towards me and then I get up to meet them half way. "Hey, thanks for coming."

I give them both a hug and we all smile before walking to the table I was sitting at.

So walking half way was a complete waste of my time and unneccesary exercise.

Noted.

"Of course we came! You are our best friend." Lola says with a smile on her face.

I smile "well, today's shopping spree is on me, so let's go shall we." They nod and we all get up and start walking.

So walking back and sitting down agai was also a waste.

Man, just too much exercise.

Being the chold of two very rich people has it's perks, it allows you to spoil your friends once in a while. "so what was so urgent?" Michaela asks me immediately getting to the point.

"So my parents get home and look extremely concerned-ish and then tell me to sit down they need to tell me something." I say as we enter a shop and they nod to let me know they are listening.

Then we all get distracted and start choosing a bunch of things to buy while having fun and laughing together.

I then pay for the stuff.

We have three new dresses, four new pairs of shoes and two new pairs of jeans.

Each.

"Okay so anyway, we all then sit down and talk and then I find out that from tonight I have to live with some guy who goes to our school for the next year," I pause to see their reactions.

"His parents are moving for work and don't want his grades to go down in his senior year because of such a drastic change." I say.

They look shocked "what?" they say in unison and I nod to confirm what I just said is, in fact, true.

We all then enter a new shop and then I countinue speaking.

"I don't mind, but I feel like they could've asked before offering you know?" They both nod as we look for our sizes in a dress.

"Look Ley I know you might be upset about all of thisbut maube it won't be as bad as you think, I mean, have you met him before?" Loal says while looking at me with a kind expression on her face.

"Well, my mom says we haven't met before, so I don't think so." I answer while getting a pair of sneakers in my size.

"So wait and see, hear his side of the story . . . when is he coming?" Michaela asks and I tell them that my mom said at 6.

What about I let them sleep over? That way they can also witness this and support me in welcoming a complete stranger in my home.

Well, maybe not a COMPLETE stranger.

"Guys want to spend the night maybe?" they both look at me skeptically.

"c'mon please guys, I can even let Hilda set up the indoor theatre and dad we can even play in the indoor arcade" I say and thrn make a pouty face.

They both look at each other then nod  "Thanks so much you guys are seriously the best."

They both laugh and we make our way to the parking lot to go home.

I really hope that I don't know this guy ...

Hey guys, so I am fixing up this book and I hope that you enjoy it from here.