Chapter 2

As soon as we get home I go to mom with my friends to let her know that they are spending the night "hey mom, so I asked Lola and Michaela to spend the night so if you looking for us we are in my room."

With a smile, my mom greets them "of course! They are always welcome; just be downstairs at six." my mom says turning to me with a serious look.

I nod and then ask my mom to tell Hilda to set up the theatre with cool movies half scary and half funny.

After my mon agreed to doing that for us, we go to my room and I let them put their shopping bags anywher while I pack all my stuff away.

"Okay guys, so what's plan for tonight?" I ask while jumping onto my bed. Lola was laying upside down on the couch and Michaela was slouched on a bean bag.

"Well first lets meet this guy who will be here at six then we can go to the arcade then movies and when we go to bed we can talk about this fiasco." Lola says before looking up at us to see what our reactioans are.

Micahela and I both nod and then we all agree to go downstairs.

While walking down the hall upstairs, mom calls me for about the fifth time and as we come down the stairs, she calls again.

"Alright mom, we are here, I just packed away my things I bought." I say walking  to her with my friends behind me.

My mom smiles clearly pleased when she sees us and then leads us to the kitchen "okay young lady I want you to be nice or else." she says as we enter the kitchen and are still alone.

I nod and then turn around before grabbing an apple and then I freeze in my spot as I turn around and see HIM sitting with two adults by the kitchen island.

Oh no, no no no no no. This can not be happening!

My mom interrupts my thoughts and speaks in an overly sheery voice "Riley meet Ryder, he is going to be living in the room next to yours. I expect you to show him around." I turn to my mom and take a deep breath, about to tell her that I can't, but she immediately gives me a glare.

I then know she would punish me if I wasn't nice or disagreed in any way. So, I put on a fake smile and in a sickly sweet voice I answer "Yes, ma'am"

I turn back to the people I shake his parent's hands "I am Riley, pleased to meet you."

I then motion to my friends who are both frozen, stunned with wide eyes "this is Lola and Michaela my two best friends." They both greet his parents and then conpletely ignoring Ryder I turn to my mom again.

"We are going to go play some games." Without waiting for her response,we start walking out of the kitchen.

However, my mom's voice stops me  "take Ryder with you guys and get to know him." My eyes immediately widen and I feel my insides clench up as I turn to look at her.

"But mom I don't-" immediately, I am cut off by my mom who is putting up her hand

"Now young lady." I then shrug in defeat "yes ma'am. " I say walking past Ryder as he gets up and silently follows us.

However, as soon as we are far enough from our parents Ryder pipes up, I knew it was too good to be true "damn Crawford, I didn't know you were this loaded."

I ignore him and carry on walking with my friends "what's wrong Crawford? Finally out of comebacks?"

I then turn to him and glare "look Matthews I don't know what you are trying to do, but this is my house and I can still make your life hell."

"If you don't give me crap, I won't make it that bad."

He chuckles "please Crawford, this is just what I needed to win this little feud we have."

Menacing.

I narrow my eyes at him and start walking again. "I don't know what you are doing but just stay away from me."

He chuckles again "nah, I kind of like the vulnerable side of you. Little miss daddy's girl."

With that I stop in my tracks and turn to him "and why do you think I hide this from everyone at school? I have people with cameras always follow me around so why hide it?" I ask.

He chuckles "maybe because you also know that you are not good enough for this lifestyle."

"Please at least my-" I stop myself when I see my mom and turn around "never mind, just come." I say walking into the room with my friends and him following.

He then stops and starts to talk " I know you are not too bright in the head, but I believe walking into one room isn't showing me around."

I just laugh "I am so sorry,I mean, I knew you blind, but not that blind."

He looks confused. I pointed to the sign next to the hallway you had to go through to get to the arcade "what does that say?"

He then reads it out loud "arcade." I then smile "when you figured out what that means and finished watching Barney we will be in there."

With that I walk with my friends and him following "watch your back Crawford." he warns.

I turn to him and shake my hands in fake horror "oo I am so scared." I say with no emotion whatsoever.

"I am serious." he warns

"Me too" I mock and roll my eyes.

With that we walk to the arcade.

We have been playing in the arcade for an hour now. I was finding avoiding Ryder much easier than I thought it would be.

Lola Michaela and I were talking the whole time. "I can't believe you have to live with your enemy for a year" Lola pipes up.

"Gee thanks. Make me feel better." I say sarcastically.

That is when Ryder walked up to Lola "don't feel sorry for her she can just go shop in all her sorrows ... I, on the other hand, have to live with my room next to the devil herself."

I narrow my eyes at him, challenging him.

"Yeah well, you have your ego to help you through not crossing the line." I turn around and walk away.