ᴄʜєᴄᴏ, Ɩαηᴄє, ᴊ & α

Earlier, in Lance's apartment

Checo and Lance were dancing together in the living room, the Canadian giggling at a joke his boyfriend just whispered in his ear.

But the calm quickly ended when a big crash noise came from the kitchen. Lance let out a scream, hiding behind Checo. The Mexican slowly moved to the said kitchen, keeping his boyfriend behind his back. He now could hear two voices talking in French, one of the voices making him think about an old friend.

- Lance, mi amor, did you organise something with Mick and Esteban?

- No, I told you, today is our day, Estie and Mick know it

- Then who the fuck is talking French?!

- I don't know?! Why would I know?!

- Shhh forget it

Checo moved back toward the kitchen, stopping immediately when he recognised Jules and Anthoine standing there.

- WHAT. THE. FUCK.

Lance was frozen as he said that, looking at the two French men with wide eyes.

Checo felt his legs gave up under him, making him fall to the ground. The Canadian kneeled next to him, hugging him without saying anything, too in shock.

Jules Bianchi and Anthoine Hubert are standing, flesh and bones, very alive, in his kitchen.

The silence hang in the air for multiple minutes until Jules talked.

- Wait... Checo? I- Why are you looking... older? And who's this boy?, pointing toward Lance

Checo did not answer but started to sob, hugging Lance tightly. The younger man pressed the Mexican's head against his neck, caressing his hair at the same time. He looked at the two other men with confusion.

-L-Lance? Is that you?

- Anthoine...

- Why... Why is Sergio crying?, Jules asked with a small voice

Lance opened and closed his mouth, unable to talk at all. Anthoine seemed to realise something, looking between Jules, Lance and Checo.

- Wait... Jules... he... he passed after his crash in Japan... that's why Checo is crying right...?

- Yes...

- I WHAT?

Lance flinched as he felt Checo sob more after Jules' outburst. Anthoine took care of telling the Frenchman.

- You... You had a huge crash in Japan in 2014... You spent a year in a coma before passing away...

- Oh...

Jules sat on one of the kitchen stools, shaken. The silence passed again until the youngest talked again, to himself this time.

- Wait... Checo and Lance look older.... Jules is here... when he left us in 2015...

Anthoine looked at Lance again

- Are we in the future?

- Yes you are...

The Canadian knew were this was going, Anthoine caught on what happened to him too.

- Did... Did I pass away too...?

- Yes...

- When?

- Spa... 2019...

- Oh...

Anthoine sat down too, looking at the ceiling.

- Before... Before I appeared here... I had just arrived in my hotel at Spa for the race week...