Learning From You

"Try it again, Hiccup." Toothless urged him as they practiced in the cove. His voice was light and filled with relaxation to sooth his best friend.

"Why am I doing this?" Hiccup asked, pulling his hands back slowly from the the front of him.

"Once you learn how to control your blasts, you can control when it happens." He walked over to Hiccup and nuzzled him. "You can also learn different techniques to the fire. Slow burns, powerful multi-blasts, etcetera."

"Toothless," Hiccup turned around so that Toothless only saw the back of him. His black ears bent close to his head. His wings moved ever so slightly if you looked closely. His back muscles were beginning to adapt to the wings. Hiccup's tail had curled around his legs, creating a shy and non-open look. "I don't want to become a monster..."

The two sat in quiet for a fairly long time. The sun had started to set.

"Listen," Toothless advised to Hiccup. All the dragon could do was have his friend think that the essence wasn't a curse, but a gift that was unexpected. "Listen around you."

Hiccup's jet black ears tilted up. He could here the buzzing of the bees, the flowing of the water. He heard dripping dew, the small flapping of wings from a Robin, and a strange beat.

Two strange beats.

He tilted his head down, and the beat seemed to come louder... At least one.
"I can hear..." He looked at Toothless in surprise. "I can hear everything in the cove. It's all connected. I even here my heart beat. This is amazing!" He looked around, his mood changing from the sadness to amazed. He felt weird, but normal at the same time.

"All of your senses must be enhanced..." Toothless said. Hiccup agreed.

"Try shooting at that rock." Toothless asked him, but said boy shook his head.
"I'm just not ready for that yet, bud," he replied. Even though the power was there, within him, he wasn't ready to use it.

"Then let's start working on strengthening your back."

******

A/N
PLEASE READ
I want to say that I am truly sorry that this is such a short chapter! I really just wanted to get it out there, but I will have a much lengthier chapter coming next!

Thank yo for all of the reads and comments! Everyone is so friendly, and I hope that this book will continue to rise