(Xephna) Rejection

Lalna watched as Xephos paraded around the compound, you couldn't physically see it but Lalna knew the reason, today was Xeph's big day, the one he had been planning for. Lal didn't feel particularly good about going through Xephos' journal, but he couldn't help it. Xephos had been extremely excited about something for a while and Lalna desperately wanted to find out. Once he had though he wished he had never looked.

So today he watched almost heartbroken as the spaceman walked around with a nervous smile on his face. Unaware of how tragic this evening would be. Not even realizing what it would end up being. Later that evening.......

Lalna looked up from the project he had been working on as Xephos leaned over to Honeydew, whispering something into his ear before walking out of the building. Honeydew looked curiously at Xephos and shot a confused glance at me before he followed him out of the building.

If only Xeph knew. Lalna knew of course it was obvious but Xephos being as lovestruck as he was wouldn't know until it was too late, and there was nothing Lal could do to help him. About a half an hour later Honeydew stormed back into the building startling Lalna from his project. After a quick glance around still not seeing the spaceman, Lalna turned to Honeydew.

"Where's Xephos?" Lalna quickly asked. Honeydew shot him a glare and continued on his way shouting back "probably in the shed, who cares" he flung his hands up and kept walking like it was nothing. But Lalna noticed the way he said it. Full of venom and disgust. Quickly Lalna jumped up from his work, dreading the worst, and raced over to the shed they used as their sleeping dorms. He stopped at the door.

The noise from inside almost made his heart break. Knocking Lalna's tone was a whisper. "Xeph? You in there?" The sobbing noises he had heard stopped as Xephos appeared at the door, with puffy red eyes and tear stained cheeks. Lalna pretended he didn't notice, just watching Xeph's reaction until Xephos pulled him into a hug. Tears running down his face again, Lalna patted Xeph on the back trying to comfort him.

"What happened?" he asked softly, even though Lal already knew he wanted to hear it from the man. Xeph began stumbling over words, sobs and gasps where he tried to get his breath back, making him difficult to understand. "Xeph slow down, take it easy, here c'mon" Lalna led Xephos over to his bed sitting him down on it. Carefully he rubbed Xeph's back trying to get him to calm down enough to tell him what happened. Lal tried to pretend in his head all he wanted was for Xeph to feel better but he couldn't deny the fuzzy warm feeling he got from looking at him, and wanting to comfort him.

After a little while Xephos' breathing had evened out enough to tell him what had happened, and Lalna listened to his tragic story.

Apparently Xeph had told Honeydew that he loved him, the only problem was Honeydew didn't love him back, in fact Honeydew had been disgusted hearing that not only was his best friend gay but he was madly in love with him. Honeydew had rejected him in the cruelest way possible before storming back here.

Later that night Xeph went to bed his eyes still not dry and Honeydew came back in going straight to bed.

A few weeks passed.

Xephos hadn't done much but mope around these last few weeks. Honeydew wouldn't talk to him about it and Lalna didn't see anything to do for him. Until that night.

Lalna woke up to a small scuffling sound and looking up he saw Xeph leaving the shed, where's he going, quickly Lal jumped up and slipped out the door not even bothering to get shoes. He followed Xephos for a while not wanting to let him know he was here yet.

After a little while Xephos walked up to the edge of a cliff and sat down swinging his legs over the edge before looking up at the sky. Lalna watched for a while but when he saw a tear going down the spaceman's face he couldn't help it.

"Xeph?" Lalna approached slowly not wanting to startle him. He did anyway. Xephos jumped up and turned seeing who it was only to relax visibly as he realized it was Lalna. "jeez Lalna you scared the shit out of me" He flashed a smile but Lalna could see it was fake. "What're you doing here?" Xephos asked.

"I could ask you the same thing." Lalna moved a bit closer "Xeph what's gotten into you, ever since Honeydew rejected you, you've been like this, I know it's hard but maybe you should just try to move on." As soon as Lalna finished talking he realized his mistake. How stupid could he be, this would just make the man more upset.

Xephos stuttered a bit and began backing up. "you dont get it I- I loved him a-and he thought I was disgusting, how could I ever recover from that!" Xephos backed up a bit more not realizing the danger, but Lalna did. "Xeph watch out!!" Lalna jumped forward just as the cliff crumbled beneath the spaceman's feet, the man let out a yelp and he began falling.

Lalna was afraid he wouldn't catch him. He only barely did. Holding onto one of Xeph's hands he strained against gravity, gradually managing to pull him away from the deadly drop. Breathing heavily, the two lay on the grass for a while before Lalna turned to face him. "Xeph are you okay?" anxiety clearing showing in his voice.

Xeph turned back to him, smiling, his real smile not the fake one he put on to say he was okay. "Yeah that was a bit scary though" He let out a small laugh "if you hadn't been there" Suddenly Lalna noticed it again. The cute way Xeph's cheeks blushed from the exertion of the almost fall. The sparkle in his blue eyes and hot fine toned body.

Lalna realized he was staring and looked away quickly blushing. Clearly Xephos noticed because he laughed "wow Lal do you like me" Lalna looked back not in shame or sadness but in hope. Because of the tone of Xeph's voice. The higher pitch betraying his feelings. Lalna smiled.

"Maybe I do" He said with a grin. "what about you Xeph? Do you like me" Lal loved the way his friend blushed at the question. Xeph shuffled a bit and after a moment of uncertain silence he spoke. "well um yeah I do actua-" He broke off with a gasp as Lalna pushed his lips firmly against Xeph's wrapping his arms around his neck, and shifting his leg so he was straddled over Xephos' lap. After a moment of shock Xeph leaned into the kiss putting his hand around Lal's neck and running it through his hair. Leaning firmly into the kiss Lal nipped lightly on Xeph's bottom lip earning himself another gasp. He smiled into the kiss and moving one hand downward work his hand up Xeph's shirt rubbing his chest softly feeling how toned his muscles were and how smooth his skin was. The two broke apart for a moment gasping for air before their lips clashed back together with an intense ferocity. Moaning softly into each others mouths, Lalna felt Xeph's tongue at his bottom lip asking for permission, He quickly granted it access letting Xeph be the dominant one. They sat together passionately making out until both were out of breath lying on the grass together looking at the stars.

Lalna leaned over and traced small patterns onto Xeph's chest while leaning his head on Xeph's shoulder. They could have stayed like that forever if it weren't for the nagging thought that they had work tomorrow. "hey Xeph?" lal said softly. "hmm?" Xeph's blue eyes traced wearily over Lals body. "cmon buddy we have work tomorrow." carefully getting up Lalna reached out a hand and pulled Xephos to his feet the two of them walking back toward the building.

As they arrived everything was still quiet and Honeydew was still asleep. Xeph went over to lay down in his bed but looked drowsily over at Lalna. "Will you sleep with me tonight" Xeph asked in a quick embarrassed whisper. Lalna smiled walking over at giving him a quick peck on the cheek before climbing into the covers with Xeph. Quietly he wrapped her arm's around Xephos pulling him closer into his body so his back was against Lal's chest. They both sighed, content and happy.

Neither of them cared if Honeydew found out, it didn't matter to them. It didn't matter that Honeydew might hate them both. The two of them lay there, gently cuddling, falling asleep together.

I have to say I'm kind of on an excited roll here starting to write my stories. Just a warning in the future there probably wont be as many uploaded at a time but i will still get them made. Again if you have any requests for a ship please message me or comment below.