Prologue

•Parker•
I knew at a young age I was different from everyone else. I didn't know what, or how I was separated from everyone else; but I knew I was.

I eventually figured it out in the 6th grade, also known as the year Liam got his first girlfriend. I knew my sexuality separated me from everyone when I got a burning jealousy sensation when Liam held her hand.

The only person that knew about my undying love for Liam was Kathleen. She's the other member of our little group, and the only one who knows I'm gay. Thankfully she didn't turn her back on me, or tell anyone about my secret.

In fact, she helped me keep it. In the 8th grade Liam and I were having a sleepover at his house on Friday since it was our tradition. He has just broken up with his girlfriend and was considering some other girls to date. While listing cute girls in our classes Liam asked me who I liked. Of course I couldn't just tell him I was gay, and he's the guy I liked. So, instead I lied saying I liked Kathleen. He smiled and started chanting "OTP, OTP!". At the moment I wasn't stressing my lie, but instead celebrating it; and laughing at Liam because he was adorable af.

The next day I realized what I had said about Kathleen and called her as soon as I got home. After explaining the story she understood, and even agreed to fake being my girlfriend!

The rest of the 8th grade year went by smoothly, until early May. Liam announced to Kathleen and I he was moving from Texas...to Chicago. I was heartbroken, and thought this may be my last time seeing Liam. So, on his moving day Kathleen and I rode to the airport with him. His parents boarded the plane, and Liam said goodbye to us once more. Before Liam left I said one final sentence to him: "My love for you has spent years in hiding.". After that a quick kiss on the cheek, and I ran hoping to never see him again.