13... who is in control?

∅ ∗ ∅ ∗ ∅ ∗ ∅ ∗ ∅

Chapter Thirteen

There's nothing but panic as they carry Finn's limp body back behind camp walls. It's the only feeling that Ivy can seem to have lately. She's tired of seeing people die. There's only so many of them down there, and they'd already lost more than they could bear to stand. Granted, none of them thought they'd survive this long on their own, but it didn't make the losses any less hard on them.

Ivy's still reeling from Roma's death. The girl had barely even lived and now she was gone. Ivy couldn't stand to see another one of them go. That was why it was so important that they save Finn.

"Clarke! Where's Clarke?" Jasper yelled upon entering the camp.

He and Bellamy carried Finn's weak body in just as Clarke rushed over. "Finn!" Her eyes went wide. He looked dead. Checking his pulse, her anxious expression softened but the nerves were definitely still there. "He's alive." There was still a chance that he could make it.

"Ivy wouldn't let me take the knife out." Jasper told her after handing Finn off to a couple of other guys who could hold the weight. His arms felt like jelly after carrying Finn for so long.

"Pulling it out would've made it worse. If we wanted him to bleed out the whole way here then yeah, we should've pulled the damn knife." Ivy exclaimed in her defense. She regretted snapping at Jasper immediately after she'd done it, her irritated expression dropping into the emotion that she was really feeling, which was worry for Finn's life. Emotions were running high and she just needed to get a handle on hers. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be a bitch just then."

Jasper shrugs it off, understanding that Finn's life was more important than his hurt feelings.

Clarke nodded. "It was a good call, Ivy. Get him in the drop ship, now." Ivy watched nervously beside Bellamy as Finn disappeared into the drop ship.

As everyone began to part ways, Ivy was about to follow Clarke into the drop ship when she noticed Bellamy grabbing Octavia by her wrist as she was trying to leave the camp. "Why were you defending him?" He asked her, knowing she knew fairly well who he was talking about.

"Because he saved my life." She told him. "The spear that hit Roma was--"

"No, you're wrong. I saved your life." Bellamy corrected her. He was furious and Ivy didn't quite know why. She wasn't sure if it was really Octavia he was mad at or if she was just the closest person he could take his anger out on. "He kept you alive and for all we know he kept you to use you as bait for one of their traps."

Octavia shook her head in denial. She'd spent time with that man and he'd gone through so much effort to keep her safe that she couldn't imagine that killing her was his ulterior motive. Bellamy didn't understand because he hated them and he was too blind to see the full story. "No, I don't think so."