Chapter three

I kept running, I couldn't let his words get to me. He was dead to me.He will not bother me.

I ran as fast as I could and I made it to the place I was looking for. Humans call it the Sandusky river, us werewolves call it rouge creek. This is due to the last battle in the rouge war, so many of my kind were slaughtered here, all because they wanted to be equal.

The smell of other wolves is strong here, strong enough to cover up my scent. So I swim across the river , the currant is strong ,it reminds me of wolves fighting. This may be the spirits of the rouges wanting vengeance . After werewolves die they roam the earth freely ,but some of us are stuck were we died, forever.

I feel them pushing me on and I could of swore that I heard a wolf saying, " You must survive." But I could just be going crazy.

I keep running, till I think they lost me. I shift ( Yes I still have clothes on) and hide in a tree to sleep.
*****Dream******
My brother Jace and I are walking to the ice cream shop. I had begged him to go and him being the nice brother he was took me.

I saw his eyes perk up and he sniffed the air." What is it Jace." I asked.

"Something just doesn't feel right Evea."

Me being my thirteen year old self was curious, "What makes you think that?" I asked.

"I don't know Evea." Jace said with nervousness in his voice.

That's what scared me the most, Jace was the future Beta of our pack and he was never nervous.

All of the sudden something shot out of the bushes, so fast that I didn't catch what it looked like before it disappeared leaving a bleeding Jace behind.

I mind linked the pack doctor while running over to Jace. I pressed my jacket onto Jace's neck. He was bleeding out. I was the reason he may die.

"I'm sorry Jace if I wasn't so selfish, you would be fine right now," I was crying now," It should have been me not you."

Jace started talking, little did I know those would be his last words," It's okay Evea, I love you Evea. You are special, I just know it. Don't let anything bring you down. Aways Stay strong."

He started gasping for air," Jace stay with me, I need my big brother please stay!"

He took one last breath and was gone.

The pack doctor got there five minutes later. By then puddles of my tears surrounded me. She asked me what happened and I told her. A little later the Alpha came and I told him the same story. They both assured me that I did everything I could have.

Mom and Dad had arrived then and I will never forget dad staring at me with those cold blue eyes.

That night was the first night they abused me. The sad thing was I deserved it, I was the reason Jace died.
******************
I woke up with tears on my face. There is not a time that I have never regretted that moment I asked my brother to take me to get Ice cream, and I never will.
................
Thanks for reading! I am going to try to update at least once a week, but I do show livestock so the next month will be busy and then school starts, but I will still try to update.
Thanks,
Girlywriter33