Part 2

Claifonia

Becky looks over her shoulder to the surfer dude who just got back from surfing on the ocean of California. She always looks at surfer dudes, especially this particular surfer dude who is her boyfriend. Surfing seems fun, but she can't surf, because she is a female, and females, can't surf. She's also blonde, that is most of her personality. Blake, the surfer dude, her boyfriend walks onto the beach, she runs up to him squealing, and and jumping up into his arms, kissing him, because she is a female, and he is her boyfriend.

They walk up to the shack-restaurant, and order french fries and alcoholic beverages from an old, retired surfer dude. They look up to a little TV with the weather on, it is very stormy. The weatherman is talking about weather, and is a female. Becky looks up to the screen, and the terrible storm it shows. Something about giant tornado, and global warming. She tries not to think about those things, and doesn't really, at all, it's very easy. Instead she focuses on her boyfriend who surfs.

"so, Blake, did you, uh, surf", she asks, biting her lip, which was itchy from a mild allergy to apples. 

"I sure did", he whispers to her as she sits in his lap with her arms around his neck.

"Hey, let's listen to the news", someone says, and the volume of the TV goes up hushing the chatter of the Bar. 
"Stormy Storm. Tornadoes. Scientists Say Global Warming, and Latinos, are to blame.", came the voice of the news reporter.

"Global warming eh?", the old surfer dude asked, "Becky, what do you think of it?".

 She didn't know how to answer. She had an idea of what she thought, but it might differ from Blake's. She normally shrugged her shoulders or answered incorrectly when asked. This is because Blake hated it when she was right and he was wrong. He got mad when she was righter than him. 

Not in an abusive or angry way but mad as in hysterical. This is because as a child Blake was imprisoned in a room with another child for years. Their captor would ask them trivia questions, and torture the one who answered wrong.

"I dunno", she answered.

She nestled into Blake's salty hair, she had a feeling, that this storm would be a lot worse than they were letting on. Come to think of it, she believe that the rising temperatures of Earth's oceans may have a role in the increase of frequency and severity of recent storms, and that mankind has contributed to this increase through it's burning of fossil fuels.

But it didn't bother her too much; she was indoors.