BEYOND BREAKING.

SUMMARY BEYOND BREAKING

CHLOE BENNET  as  CAROLINA ARGENT❝In a way, he broke me, but somehow— in a short time— he also managed to piece me back together

CHLOE BENNET as CAROLINA ARGENT
❝In a way, he broke me, but somehow— in a short time— he also managed to piece me back together.❞

Carolina "Cari" Argent has always been the black sheep of the Argent clan. She was the outsider and product of infidelity and lust. While she and her siblings shared the same sadistic father, Cari had a different mother. She was sheltered and never taught about the "family business." Cari was close with her mother up until her high school years. She resented her father for taking her away from her mother at 14, and her mother died of cancer not even year a later.

Derek Hale was the one person Cari felt like she could breathe around and vice versa. His own family was complicated, so he found solace and peace with her. They were best friends who fell in love, but their feuding families would never let them be anything more. Once he caught wind of her blossoming feelings for Derek, Gerard shipped Cari off to boarding school, and she never saw Derek again. Two months later, she was told that he died in the Hale fire.

It's been a decade since Cari's heart shattered into a million pieces. She's twenty-seven now, and a seemingly completely different person. She kept up walls and refused to let anyone in. She focused on her job in photography, and she was always traveling because of it. She never thought about putting down roots anywhere until she was forced to come back to the town that destroyed her.

And the boy— man she left behind.

– C