4- Lemons & Attacks

After four dreadfully long periods the break time finally arrived. A lot happened in these four periods - Cameille and Pamela joined the girls, a lot of homework was given to them, they talked and caught up on each other's vacation stories, Camille's and Pamela's place got shifted to the the other corner of the class (as expected) and they had a lovely time.

Finally, when the bell rang for break every one closed their books, some left. Becky and Hira headed to their usual spot  where they would sit and talk. Camille and Pamela would be in the basketball court. They loved basketball while Kanshi would be in the library. That girl was a total book worm.

While walking towards their usual spot Becky asked "So, how is Aunty ?" referring to Hira's mother.

"She's healthy Alhamdulillah and also the baby." replied Hira.

"So,when is the baby going to come ?" asked Becky

"InShaAllah by the second week of next month." replied Hira

"Oooooooooo, excited huh?" asked Becky.

"Yea" Hira smiled

"Have you guys thought of any names ?" asked Becky.

"Yes actually" Hira replied "Mom and Dad were thinking if it is a boy then Hazim or Hadaf, if it is a girl then Hina or Hana."

"So they are going to carry on the H game." smirked Becky.

"What ?" asked Hira. "See, first Haroon then Hira then Hashim and now again another with H"replied Becky.

Hira laughed "Yea"

"By the way do you have any names in mind ? I mean other then what your parents have told you" asked Becky. 

"I am fine with the names for boys I am just thinking even Maymoonah would be a nice name for the girl. What do you think ? I like the way it sounds." replied Hira scratching her cheek.

"Nice name, I like it. You should tell this to your parents." suggested Becky.

"I did, they like the name but then we already have a cousin named Maymoonah so it'll be weird. I mean if you call one the other one will come running." They both smiled at the thought." And also every one deserves a unique name. Same name in a family is not exactly the definition of unique. So let's drop it." replied Hira.

Suddenly a thought struck Becky. "Hey Hira. You cannot keep the name Maymoonah but, you can keep something which rhymes with it right ?"

"Yeeaaa" Hira replied slowly, trying to figure out what was going on in her mind. "So,do have any rhyming name in mind?" she asked.

"Yes. How about Laymoonah? It rhymes with Maymoonah right?" she asked excitedly.

"What?!" Hira stared at her friend for a second and burst out laughing.

 "Hey! Do not laugh at me and do not tell me that it is not an Arabic word because I remember very well that it was mentioned in our Arabic class. You get that?" Becky huffed. Arabic was mandatory to learn in the UAE. (national language,duh)

"You remember that Laymoonah was mentioned in the Arabic period but do you remember it's meaning?" Hira asked between her giggles.

Becky thought hard but couldn't think of it."Ummm, no. But it can't be a bad word right?" she asked thinking hard. Hira's Arabic was way better than Becky's.

"No it is not." Hira said, still smiling like a crazy "Maymoonah means something close to blessed and fortunate. Laymoonah means" she giggled

"Lemon!"

"What?!" Becky said and the both burst out laughing ."I did not  know it. It sounds nice though" she said.

"It may sound nice but I don't want think mom and dad will agree to naming their youngest daughter lemon." Hira said.

"Yea whatever, let's go. I am embarrassed" Becky blushed and walked quickly.

After some more talking and giggling the girls reached their usual spot in the ground where a number of benches were laid out. The girls went and sat on the rightmost bench. Hira stopped smiling and straightened a bit.

"Becky, what happened?" she asked. Becky dropped her gaze to the floor.

"Was it one of those anxiety attacks?" she asked.

Becky silently nodded.

Hira sighed. "What happened ?" she asked.

"I got another anxiety attacked and was about to loose it. That's what happened" Becky snapped.

"Relax Becky, I mean what triggered this ? This simply does not happen out of the blue" said Hira calmly.

Becky relaxed "Oh, I-I do-don't know..wait ! yea. I had a fight with Sam I guess" she said queitly. "What did she say ?" asked Hira. 

"She told me that my I am a useless, worthless burden to mom, dad and everyone else." Becky, her eyes glistening.

"Becky" Hira started calmy " You know Sam is just a 10 year old. You possibly canno-"

"That does not mean it's true" Becky said, lifting her gaze from the ground.

"Becky ! It's definitely not true. It's far from the truth !" said Hira sharply " You need to stop thinking like this. Did you cut yourself again ?" she asked softly this time. 

"No" said Becky

"Good" said Hira. Silence drew between them. Becky sat with her eyes glistened trying to control her anger and Hira had a distant far away look in her eye. 

After a few seconds, Hira spoke "Becky,I think you should tell your parents. They should know it".

"Know what ? How pathetic their daughter is ? Who breaks down over the smallest thing." Becky looked up her eyes full.

She got up "No. I won't" and quickly ran away. Hira stood up and watched her going away.

As Hira walked in the corridor oblivious to all her surroundings thinking of Becky. She had to do something for her. She could not tell her parents, it was not her part. Becky should tell them, in the way which suits her the most. 

She walked, she knew where Becky would be. She went inside the girls washroom. Nobody was there, except Becky . Her hands hand a tight grip on the sink and she was intently staring into the mirror.

"Hira please go" she said,not looking at her. 

"Bec-"

"Hira please" she said turning her head towards her and staring at her.

Hira understood it. Becky never said this, but whenever she did, she meant it. She sighed and left.

Hira walked back to her class still thinking about Becky. They've been friends ever since kindergarten and were like sisters. She had to do something for her.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Dedicated to yatra1 for following =)

So, that's it for this chapter, and I am so sorry if it's getting boring. Please have some patience. The plot and everything else has to be laid down properly so that you don't get confused between stuff, once the story starts. So pleasy squeasy have some patience.

Have a nice day =)

-AfezHa