27

He paused, grabbing his mom's hands from her lap, and looked up at her, a serious expression written all over his face. "I think I'm in love with her."

Justin sat in his car, fumbling with his car keys as he stared into the house that he's been to maybe a million times before. But this time, it just felt different. It was different.

After so long of just sitting around in his house, letting his thoughts cloud his mind and having this emotion bottled up inside of him, he knew he had to tell someone. He was so ready to confess this feeling to someone, anyone, and of course, the first person he would think of would be her.

Pull yourself together, man, Justin thought, sighing. He turned his attention away from the house, to his hands that were gripping onto the steering wheel. It's not even such a big deal! She'll understand and she'll help you. You have to tell her; you need to tell her. She deserves to know what's going on.

He realized that he's literally been sitting in his car in front of her house for about ten minutes already, scolding himself. I need help.

Justin nodded to himself, checking his car's rearview mirror before opening the door and jumping out of the car. He slammed the door shut, locking it with the keys before shoving them inside his ripped jeans' pocket.

Jogging up to the huge house, he took a deep breath of air. He hasn't seen her in about 2 months. He wasn't nervous to see her, it was just why he wanted to see her that was bothering him. Raising his arm, his fist came in contact with the heavy wooden door, pounding until he heard shuffling from inside the house.

Stepping back, Justin prayed that she was home alone, and that no one was going to be there to disturb them. He needed this talk, real badly.

The door swung open, revealing a petite brunette who was standing at the doorway, a wide smile on her face when she saw who was on the other side of the door. "Justin!"

He cheekily grinned, engulfing her in a big bear hug, smelling her perfume as it filled his nostrils. She wrapped her arms around his neck tightly as he squeezed her waist, almost lifting her off of the ground. "Hi Mom."

"I haven't seen you in so long, how are you?" Pattie asked, letting Justin inside the house. They walked together into the living room, where Justin flopped down onto the couch.

"I'm doing okay," Justin smiled over to his mom, who sat in the armchair besides his loveseat.

"How about you? What have you been up to?"

Pattie smiled at her son, "Oh, the usual. Being Justin Bieber's mom, of course."

Justin chuckled. "That's the best job out there."

"Also starting the productions for Crescendo soon."

"Oh yeah, you're the executive producer for that film."

Pattie nodded, proudly. "Short film," she corrected. "But I am. I'm very excited for this."

"That's great, Mom. Can't wait to see it when it's finished."

Pattie eyed Justin suspiciously. She noticed some odd behaviors radiating from his body language. He was more serious and calm, unlike usual where he would be all happy and joking around. Usually, when they don't see each other for a long time, they would shoot straight into telling each other stories, to catch up with one another.

There was obviously something wrong, something he was hiding from her. A mother can tell when her child is feeling frustrated and upset. It's a perk, but also a curse when you don't know what to do to help them.