AE Chapter Eighteen

Walking towards the beach, the water seemed so welcoming. Kids were running across the sand, parents were splashing around in the water, people were tanning, some were dancing, there was a game of courtless beach volleyball, and there was a happy atmosphere settled around us.

I handed Dean my camera. "Hold this," I took off my sandles and darted towards the water. I turned back and saw Dean with the camera to his eye, his finger hovering over the shutter button.

I smiled and Dean lowered the camera, setting down his and my things on the sand. He joined me in the water, smiling.

After a few hours in the water, Dean and I dried off, setting down towels on the sand. Dean pulled out two peanut butter sandwiches from a lunch bag. He handed me one and a water bottle. I downed half the bottle in one swig.

I took a few pictures of Dean, and looked at the ones he took of me. I didn't look extremely happy, like I should've, but I didn't look sad. I looked beautiful in a different way.

After the beach, we retired back to the hotel to shower. We went shopping by the coast and wound up back by the hotel.

We were back in the room. I sat down my few bags on the coffee table. When I turned around, Dean was taking off his jacket, leaving just a tight black T. I grabbed the front of his shirt and pulled him to the bedroom.

I kissed his lips, the faint taste of slat lingering from the ocean. He started to pull off my shirt when I stopped, crying.

"What's wrong?" Dean asked, stopping.

Good question. What's wrong with you, Cas? You about to get laid by the love of your life and you start crying? And better yet, you don't even have a reason to cry. Come on, Cassie, give him an answer.

I shrugged. "I don't know. I just..." I'm just a loser inside who can't function normally. Quit your crying and grow a pair.

"I'm sorry," I finally said.

"You don't have any reason to be sorry," Dean pulled me into his arms, holding me in his warmth. "Cas, we don't have to,"

I shook my head, sliding off the roof of the bed. I put my face in my hands, hiding the stupid tears. "I don't deserve someone like you," I mumbled.

"What? Cas, you deserve someone better than me. You're smart, and funny, and cute, and you're going to go places. I'm going to be a high school graduate at most, with no hope of college. I'll work part-time jobs my whole life."

"That's not true,"

"It is and we both know it,"

I wanted to disagree, but what was the point? Dean would just persist.

He sighed and sat down beside me. "We still have the slice of cheesecake. I could go get it and we could watch something dumb on TV."

I nodded. "That sounds nice."

"Okay." Dean kissed my cheek and left the room. He came back shortly with the cheesecake and two forks. He flipped on the TV and turned it to some reality drama.

The cheesecake was phenomenal, rich and creamy. Dean only took a few bites, much more a fan of pie than cheesecake.

I fell asleep at some point, and the TV was switched off. I woke up at one point on the bed.

I turned to see Dean, walking out of the bathroom, a pair of sweatpants on. Laid down on the bed, a sad smile splayed on his lips.

"I love you," I said.

"I love you, too," He kissed my nose and I turned around, falling asleep with his arm slung across my waist.

. . .
The smell of coffee was strong in the morning. The bathroom door was open, leaking steam, and Dean's things were gone from the room.

I wanted to stay longer.

I walked into the main room and saw Dean leaning on the counter of the kitchen, sipping coffee and reading something on his phone. I wrapped my arms around him, burying my nose into his shoulder. He smelled like fresh laundry and nature.

"Morning, beautiful,"

"Can't we stay another day?" I asked. I just wanted to be alone with him a while longer.

He shook his head, raising my chin so I was looking into his eyes. "Sorry. We've got to get back. I promised Amelia,"

"What time are we leaving?"

Dean shrugged. "We can check out whenever."

I nodded, taking his coffee and setting it down on the counter. I walked over to the door and opened it a crack, setting the Do Not Disturb sign on the handle. I grabbed Dean's hand and pulled him back to the bedroom, already tearing off my clothes.

. . .
I showered and packed my things. Walking out of the bathroom, Dean sat on the bed, just in jeans. I smiled and sat on him. I held his hands to his chest. "Would you stop being so irresistible?"

He smirked. "I'm not trying,"

I kissed his lips. "Sure."

"No, if anything you're the irresistible one."

"We should check out. We can hang out by the beach until we want to head back home."

Dean nodded. "Sounds good."

I kissed him again and walked out of the bedroom.

. . .
We piled out things into the truck of the Impala, leaving a lunch and towels for the beach. We stood in the water for a while, just relaxing. Dean kissed me, his lips tasting of salt.

We started to drive home around five, the four hour trip spent mostly in silence. I drove after the second hour, turning off the radio and letting Dean sleep. I woke him up as we reached Eureka.

I pulled into my driveway, drumming my fingers on the steering wheel, biting my lip.

"Stop that." Dean said sleepily, smiling at me.

I stopped drumming my fingers. "Sorry."

"Not that," Dean leaned over and kissed my lips. "Stop biting your lip. I can't control myself when you do."

Dean kissed me again, holding my head in his hands. I paused. "Dean, we can't do this in my driveway. My mom is probably watching the car through the window."

"Okay. I should get back to Sammy anyway,"

"Okay," We opened the doors and met at the middle of the hood. I kissed Dean again and hugged him. I had my things in my hands as I walked up to my door. Before walking into the house, I looked back at Dean in the driver's seat. He smiled at me, winking perfectly.

I smiled, the wink washing away all tenseness in my body.

"How was it?" Mom asked as I walked in the door.

I smiled. "Great."

AN: So I totally used my best friend sydniesue as a reference for Dean's wink. Cassie reacts the same way I do when she winks at me.

Vote, Comment, Follow, Share!!