+8+

Guys, I am so sorry I went so long without an update.  I was without wifi or cell service for two weeks.  I thought I'd put a recap of chapter 7 up here just in case you forgot what happened.

Recap: Truth or dare party in Oliver and Daniel's dorm.  On a truth, Daniel says he would choose Amber to kiss.  Next, Daniel dares Tess to kiss him for 10 seconds, giving Amber a weird, confused feeling that leaves her wondering if she has a crush.  Dave reveals that out of everything at home, he misses his girlfriend the most.  Amber is dared to beg Zoe to be allowed into her posse at breakfast time.

+++

Tess laughs again. "Amber! Your face!" She chokes out between laughs.

"I think you would be similar if you were about to get murdered by Zoe!"

"Oh quit being a baby."

I glare at her.

"You know you love me," Tess taunts.

I pull on light grey sweats and an orange shirt.

"Tess, is your shirt a different colour?"

"It's navy. Why?"

"Because my hair looks absolutely awful with orange. Can we trade?"

"No," Tess says. "Navy's my favourite colour. I hate orange. You'll survive."

Gee thanks Tess.

I pull on my awful orange shirt.

"Ready?" Tess asks.

"Two seconds."

I pull my auburn hair into a high ponytail and then separate the strands in half. I start fishtailing it.

"Okay, let's go."

"You're not going to finish doing that?" Tess asks.

"I'll braid as we walk."

By the time we reach the cafeteria, my ponytail is in a tight fishtail braid.

"Holy crap Amber! You're so good at that!" Tess exclaims, seeing my finished braid.

I see Zoe standing with Maggie and Beatrice in the lunch line. "I guess this is my time." I tell Tess.

"Good luck! Don't die!"

"Thanks," I say sarcastically.

I approach Zoe and her posse.

"Oh. It's you." The face that Zoe considers to be so attractive twists into a nasty snarl.

"Yep," I say, super chipper. "It's me!"

"Want do you want from us?" Maggie asks. "Can't you see were busy?"

Doing what?

"Well Zoe, I just wanted to tell you how much I admire you. I thought I'd walk right up to you and tell you just how much I've always admired you."

The cafeteria is silent. All eyes are on me. I go down on my knees.

"I thought I'd tell you just how much I've always admired you, and then sit right beside you at your table."

Someone laughs. I continue.

"So I want to know. Zoe, can I be in your posse?"

Zoe scoffs. The whole cafeteria is laughing now.

"Well?"

Zoe bursts into laughter. "You? You think I would hang out with you?!"

"Ohhhh!" Someone shouts.