1.

"Hey, Luke!" Calum shouted over the music, Luke didn't bother to acknowledge what his friend had said, or respond. He was busy watching his crush swap spit with his friend Ashton.

"Earth to Luke?" Calum snapped his fingers in front of Luke's face, then averted his eyes to where his friend was staring and sighed, "Luke, c'mon, don't worry about Michael. It's your eighteenth birthday, you're supposed to be getting drunk and having a one night stand!"

Luke sniffled, and buried his face in his hands. He couldn't help it, he loved Michael. He has since they were fourteen. They dated in year 9, but Michael said it was "weird" to date his best friend, so they broke up and agreed to not be awkward.

Michael doesn't know Luke still loves him.

Calum sighed, "Luke, please don't cry over that asshole, he's not worth it."

"You're right," Luke lifted his head up, "He's not worth it. I don't deserve to be miserable while he's happy. I deserve to be happy, too."

"There you go, that's the spirit!"

Luke rolled his eyes, "I'm getting more to drink."

-

"All I'm saying is, I don't need him. I'm perfectly fine without him, see I'm fine. I'm happy." Luke smiled, pointing at his face, "See, Calum, I'm fine! I'm smiling, at least I think I am, I can't feel my face."

Calum laughed watching Luke smile, un-smile, and smile again, "Yes, Luke, you're smiling. Now quit before you're smiling permanently."

"I can't feel my face."

"I know you just said that like, five minutes ago."

"I did?"

"You did."

"Oh." Was all Luke said, then sighed, "I'm gonna yell."

"You're going to yell?"

"I'm gonna yell."

"Well, yell?" Calum furrowed his eyebrows, jumping slightly when Luke started to yell.

"I hate Michael Clifford! I hate his face! His smile! His lips! His hair! And his stupid eye brow piercing! I also hate his-"

"Well, your lip piercing isn't all that great, ya know." Luke screamed when he turned around and saw Michael leaning against the door frame, with an smirk plastered across his face.

Calum looked at Michael, then at Luke, then back at Michael, "I'm gonna go.. Bye!" Cal ran past Michael, knocking the taller one back slightly.

Luke frowned, now he was all by himself with Michael.

"I hate you."

"You're drunk, Luke."

"You're an asshole, Michael."

Michael frowned, "I'm not an asshole." Luke snorted, drinking what was left in the red solo cup that was in his hand, "Yeah, okay." Luke said, sitting on the ground.

The obviously fake blonde frowned again, still not understanding why Luke thought he was an asshole. Sighing, he walked to where Luke was sitting, and sat down himself.

"Why am I an asshole?" He curiously asked, forehead creasing with confusion, "I've never did anything to you."

"Never did anything to me? Really? So, you never broke my heart? You never said it was 'weird' to date your best friend? You never lead me on for almost four years?" Luke balled his fists up in his lap, "Yeah, you never did anything, Michael. It was always my fault, never yours."

Michael went to speak, but was cut off by Luke standing up and running into his house, probably about to throw up, considering he held his stomach as he ran.

Michael sighed, once again, "I'm trying, Luke."

-

vote, comment, love you !!