CHAPTER V

I am warm. It was strange. Even though I was still wearing my thick, defensive armor, I was feeling warm. I re-equiped into my regular armor, and thats when I realized he was hugging me.

"J-Jellal..." I murmur as I lift my head a little. All I see is blurry bright blue hair and a blurry forest.

"It's going to be alright," he said softly.

I wrapped my arms around him tightly and I wanted to stay that way until I forgot everything. The mission, Makarov's death, and me crying like a weakling... I just wanted to forget it all.

Jellal insisted that we head back though. Somehow, I felt better. We collected our reward, and then Jellal dropped me off at the guild. I walked in to sit down for a rest, but I wasn't sure that I could from all the stares.

It felt like they were all trying to kill me with those piercing stares. Stares that were like needles were the worst.

Suddenly, before my eyes was a strawberry cake. My favorite kind that I always ordered. Sometimes, Gray and Natsu would fight, and then ruin my cake. Those idiots.

I looked up to see Mirajane, one of my best friends. She was smiling at me. Smiling. That kind look of "It's going to be alright."

My eyes teared up. "Thank you," Was just about all I could get out. As I ate slowly, I noticed everyone had the same look.

"We forgive you."

"Its not your fault."

Those kinds of things were told by looks throughout the guild hall.

Then I saw Natsu.

He still had the needle stare.

I stood up. Tall and confident. "Everyone," I started, "I apologize for everythi-"

Natsu punched me in the gut mid-sentance and we both flew into the wall, wood pieces going across the room.

"N-Na-tsu!?" I gasped as he punched my gut repeatedly, knocking the wind out of me.

"I WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOU!" Natsu shouted. As he did, he let out a gigantic fire dragon's roar.

Everybody ducked and I had no choice to re-equip to my flame resistant armor.

"Here we go..." I sighed to myself.

Natsu charged at me again, I dodged and he crashed into a wall. I followed him there and held him against the weakened wall.

"Natsu. Even if I could've stopped him, he would've done it anyway! He did it to save us brats! HE WOULDN'T APPRICIATE YOU DOING THIS!"

Natsu looked at me with a face that was contorted with sadness anger and frustration.

Suddenly, Lucy was behind me.

"Natsu..." she said, "Its not anybody's fault. Not Erza's. Not mine. Not yours. Makarov chose this. He chose it for us. Please just let it go. For everyone's sake. For... Makarov's sake...? Please?"

Natsu shook himself from my grip and he stormed out of the guild, punching a wall on his way out.