Chapter 1- Yippee, A Home!

CHAPTER 1- Yippee, a home!

After being in that place they call the 'pet shop' for 6 months of my life, I'm sure you'll understand how happy I was when a family finally came to see me. The little ones looked very excited, especially the little girl who came bounding up to me straight away. The rest of the family also looked happy- that is with the exception of the man, he was pretty grumpy. So then I did what I thought I should have done. Well let's just say the pet shop wasn't too happy when I was running free around the shop scaring all the customers away. Whoops, first chance of freedom chewed up like my tennis ball.

Next a woman came who was on her own and I really liked the look of her, I thought she would have been so nice to me. My heart fell right to the end of my drooping tail when she didn't pick me. I couldn't understand why I wasn't being chosen! I mean a cuddly, adorable collie puppy like me- not to mention individual- wasn't wanted! So in my state of sadness I walked off to the back of the pen, curled up, and fell asleep.

My dreams were sweet. I dreamt of a lovely family who cared for me, loved me and treated me like one of their own. Every day they took me to the park to chase a ball and have a swim in the lake, and the fed me delicious meaty food that I loved. That dream was soon ended with the familiar sound of the shop bell ringing. In came a well dressed man who was on his own. Immediately I saw this as my chance of freedom so I ran to the front of the pen, knocking over the water bowl in the process, whoops.

His attention was drawn to me straight away and I knew that was the one. The one that would make my dream come true at last, but how, when he was on his own? A conversation was started between the mystery man and the shop assistant, then the man walked away to buy other things such as a lead, a collar and some plastic bowls. Again and again I'd seen this happen, for my brothers and sisters that I shared my pen with. I was the only one left from my litter and there were two other puppies from another litter which I weren't too keen on. There was a 1 in 3 chance that he'd pick me- and I was sure he was going to.

At the counter he put down the accessories he had chosen and handed over some purply looking pieces of paper. When the woman on the counter pointed to our pen I did my best to look cute. As I had planned, the man walked over and I sat down. When he let himself into the pen I did what all the others did before me- sit back and let the others rush forward, that way the 'buyers' were more likely to want you because you were a calm dog (or in my case- not!). Amazingly, it worked! I was going to a lovely home at last!

The man clipped me on to the pink lead and led me out of the pen. I'd never felt so happy in my entire life! The man opened the shop door and I took one last look at what used to be my home. The familiar sound of the doorbell, my pen with the other two dogs who now looked a little sad, and the kind little shop owner who was sat in the back room of the shop. I was sure I'd miss this place a lot, but I would probably be enjoying my new life much more to really care.

Before I knew it I was being led to a place with lots of shiny boxes. I'd never seen them before, however I was sure that they were cars. I was taken to a bright red one and it beeped. It made me jump and I cowered away but the man reassured me and I then felt safe. He opened the door and pulled the lead up but I couldn't jump however much I tried. The man finally gave up trying to get me in and lifted me up into it. His hold on me was so gentle and careful and I knew I would like him a lot.

The journey was very bumpy and I was scared, so I lay down and stayed as quiet as I could, because I didn't want to make the man angry. The journey was pleasantly short, and we pulled into a drive of a very lovely house. It had many windows at the front and a grand front door. The driveway (I think they call it) had lots of pebbles covering it and there was a massive patch of wonderful green grass. I allowed myself a moment where I imagined how my life would change from now on. I began to worry about meeting new people but my fear melted away when I looked at the man once again.

There was something about him that made me feel safe. Maybe it was the way he looked. He was quite young and had smooth skin, he was of medium height and he had a chestnut coloured hair. I stopped looking at him when he was saying something. Beauty? I was looking around to try and figure out who Beauty was, and the man crouched down and said, 'no silly, you're Beauty!'

He wanted me to go on the grass. Slowly I stepped forward and it was the loveliest feeling on my feet. Stupidly forgetting I was still on the lead, I ran round and round the grass -pulling the man with me. Oh no...

**** So this is my first Wattpad story :S if you find any mistakes please point them out and tell me if you think its good or not? pretty please? ****

A Puppy's TaleOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara