Chapter 2

She looked down at the piece of paper in her hand, she had scrawled the name of the hotel that the driver had given her of where he dropped Kimberley off. 

Really, she should have been in the car, driving down the motorway, deep in a bid to save her relationship, a relationship that meant so much to her she could hardly ever put it in to words. 

But instead, she sat in the studios of a radio station, ready to promote the new single and let everyone know how happy she was. 

“We’re on in 5“ a woman said to her quietly from behind, handing her a pair of earphones and gesturing for her to put them on. 

“Are you okay?” the host of the radio show asked her with a frown, but with little concern in his voice. 

“Not really no...but the show must go on” she replied glumly, giving him a half hearted smile. 

-

She went through the usual routine, which largely consisted of talking for 5 minutes about the X Factor, a few minutes refuting a rift between her and Nadine and a further few minutes telling everyone how Girls Aloud were just “on a break”.

And Kimberley...how is she?” the host asked her, his face stayed friendly as he delt the blow that was about to cripple her. 

“The papers have ran a story today saying that she’s left you. Is that true Cheryl?”

She turned to him and looked at him in complete shock, of course she had read the paper this morning and everybody had known of the argument between them, but normally the management made sure she was never asked any awkward questions. 

I...I don’t know...No comment” she mumbled, making an attempt to get up from her seat. 

The rest of the interview was a bit of a blur, but somehow she managed to stumble through it, her ego a little bruised and her heart aching that little bit more.

The cold air hit her as she walked outside, greeted by a line of photographers and fans, each one calling her name a little more loudly than the last. All she wanted to do was get in her car and go home, away from everything so that she could think. 

She passed by the fans, her head down, body guards leading her through the pack of media that had congregated in the hour she was inside. 

She breathed a sigh of relief as she climbed in to the car and felt it driving off, leaving all the hustle and bustle of the press and fans behind. 

The peice of paper with Kimberley’s hotel name and address came to her hand as she reached in to her bag for some lip gloss. She played with it for a while, mentally listing all the reasons why she should just leave her to do whatever it was she wanted to do, and go home in the hope she would see sense. 

But what if she didnt?

What if she never came back?

She felt the jolt of panic wash over her and before she had a chance to change her mind, passed over the paper to the driver. 

“Take me there please”