one

"You promised." Is all I can say, let alone want to say. "You said it was only going to be us! You liar!" It was clear I had stung her, but she deserved it. She knew it too. I quickly got up pulling on my tattered skinnies and the large Wisconsin badgers crew neck I'd come accustomed to over these past few days. I hadn't known where it came from, but all I knew was, it was the only thing not letting me down as of currently.

"What are you doing?" There she goes again, speaking to me like the lesser of two. I'm nearly eighteen—well, two years from, but you know—, and I am more than ready to part ways with this callous, dis-compassionate women. I want my mother back.

"No, no, don't even." I laugh nefariously, catching recent affair over there, off guard. I'm not like this at all, but when you mess with my heart, you'd better be prepared.

"Sit down, right now Wesley." That bitter old mouth continues speaking to me as if I'm a child. She really needs to stop, before I do something regrettable, but nevertheless I cop a squat. I swear though, if she... "You need to start obeying me, and having sympathy for myself, I will not stand here and let you speak to me like you were the only one hurt." I never meant for it to come off like that, its just..."Because, you know I'm the one who lost him, not you Wesley." What? No, oh hell no.

"Now whose doing it, you ungrateful bitch?! Huh?" I stand abruptly doing the worse thing possible, ripping off the iv's that currently fit uncomfortably through the bottom of my sweater, pulling and stinging all the more. I'm done with her, so done. The alarming beeping of that annoying heart monitor, goes haywire, and I dash for the door. I will no longer cry, like the so-called baby I am. No more.

I walk as fast as my short legs will let me. As soon as I am around the corner, and away from the she-devil herself, I fled from the intensive care unit feeling a little dizzy as my first foot hits the staircase. Then finally as I reach the entrance doors I spot, what I think is a DairyQueen blizzard truck, blue with the big lips at a park, kitty corner of the hospital. I immediately feel as if the darn ice cream will be the only source of comfort I'll receive throughout the next few weeks. I'm out of breath and my head is throbbing and all I'm asking for is some comfort. This can't be good, I just need to sit down, like stat.

I run the sidewalks, closing in on the ice cream as if I'm an explosive rocket and it's the enemy. I check all my pockets, scrapping up only about three dollars and seventy-nine cents out of change. I know the DairyQueen menu like I know the back I my hand, so right away, I know the best thing I an get is a small blizzard, knowing already that I want the Brownie Battered Blizzard Treat.

I make it to the truck, throw my money down, and tell him my order along with 'keep the change'. It's then I realise that I'm probably the only person to get DairyQueen during such a crisis, but that's Wesley for you. I'm the girl who cracks her head open, runs away, and gets DairyQueen despite everything else going on in her life.

Before I know it my blizzard is ready to be scarfed down so I take it and find a park bench underneath a willow tree. Should I have done this? I mean, my mom did have the nerve to say something to such a degree of hurt, something so low you wouldn't think any mother would think of saying. So I think I did the right thing.

"You shouldn't have ran out." I was beginning to think it was my conscience speaking until I remembered it was a low, husky, guy's voice, and then I was like 'oh crap'. How'd he find me? Did he take the liberty of stalking me? Did my mother order him out here being the coward she is? Or am I just going insane?

"Shit, oh crap, oh no. Think, think, think." My mouth decides on its own to speak while my mind deliberates a plan to get out of here. I'm concurring whether or not I should run. Then I bolt. Grass withers and chafes under someone's pounding boots, and its all to likely for it to be my mom's pick of the bunch as of lately, from what I know. "Get away from me. Get away from me now!" I sob, I hadn't known I was even crying.

It's all too soon when muscular, tattooed, and don't forget, tan arm wraps around me. I'm immediately pulled back into a strong build and a nail biting, sweet aroma. "Let me go! Stop! You did this, its all your fault!" I kick and push at him as he sits on the dewy grass, me between his legs. "You'll never replace him!"

"I n-never meant to?" The way he wavers the slightest has me on edge, but for some odd reason, I had a feeling that he wouldn't. In fact I know he'd never replace dad, I feel as if he'll be the male in my life to fill that widening hole.

I turn to look a his face, just inches apart, and it's then I have a burst of sudden attraction towards the male figure. "Hows 'bout we go somewhere, I just know I can get you to warm up to me, let me try."

"Did my mom put you up to this?" My voice couldn't get anymore monotone than this, because some how, some way, I knew this was my mother's doings.

"No, I told her about it, but no." I'm actually surprised by his words, but no way, no how am I going with him. "Come on Wesley, give me a chance, I think I might even surprise you." I look at him warily.

"Fine, but you turn out to be a mass murderer and I won't think twice about castrating you." I try hard snot to smile, but the slightest one peeks and I look away.

A/n:

Sorry loves, meant to post earlier, but I just so happen to fall asleep and when I woke up I had to take a shower. BUT... read and tell me what you think. Updates will be weekly. Probably every Friday even though tonight's Thursday. ;)