Chapter 2: Mia

Spencer
"Mia!"
She runs over and hugs me. I wrap my arms around her and hold her tight. As I hold her I breath in the familiar scent of her strawberry shampoo that she has been using since we were kids.
"I've missed you so much," I tell her with excitement.
"I've missed you too. What has it been? Six years?"
"Six years. 11 days. 5 hours. 3 minutes and 31 seconds."
We are still hugging when I hear Derek awkwardly cough. I release Mia, but stand close enough that our shoulders are touching. My face burning a bright red when I turn towards Derek.
"You two know each other?" Derek asks in awe.
"Yes. Mia and I went to high school together. Mia was a prodigy like me. She was my only friend. Did you know that people have an average of three friends but......."
I stop myself. I tend to babble when I get nervous. Hotch clears his throat and gestures for us to sit.
"I'm sorry you two but we have a case. You can catch up later."
We all take our usual seats. Mia pulls up an empty chair next to me. JJ starts briefing us on our next case.
Last time I saw Mia we were leaving college to start working. Mia moved to Montana to be with her family. I wanted to visit her but our jobs wouldn't let us. I always thought that Mia was beautiful but now she is......just.......wow! Everything about her has intensified. Her hair is more golden. Her eyes are now a gorgeous dark chocolate brown. Her body.........
"Reid!"
Everyone is looking at me. They are waiting for me to answer something. How long have I been starring at Mia?
"S-sorry. W-what did you say Hotch?"
The team snickers and Mia giggles.
"I said, what is your opinion about the type of unsub we have?"