The Sun Is Gone..

Daryl stared at her form in the light of the setting sun. She was beautiful, beautiful beyond anything he'd ever known. Her blonde hair flowed in the light breeze, although pulled up into a ponytail. To him, she shone brighter than the setting sun in front of them, and her eyes were much more beautiful than it's colours. As she stood, chatting with Rick and Carol, laughing slightly, and smiling with them, he felt a warmth burn in his heart.

He loved her. He loved her so much. She was beautiful, and she was the sunlight in his life; The spark of brightnes that he needed in this horrible time, filled with so much pain and suffering.

Turning around, noticing him looking her way, she smiled even brighter still, and began to make her way over to him. A slight smile grazed his lips too, as he put out his hand to take hers, as she drew closer. In this moment, he closed his eyes, as he felt the warmth of the sun on his skin as he awaited her touch. After a moment's time, he realized that he was still waiting. He hadn't felt her touch yet. He felt his heart begin to beat faster with worry, and his eyes shot open.

There was no longer a road with bright sunlight setting on the horizon in front of him. It was now night-time. He was lying on the ground, in front of a campfire, his group seeping peacefully around him.

All but her. She wasn't there.

She was gone. And his heart ached for her. His friend, his love, one of his girls, who he had tried to save, he tried so damn hard, but had still lost her. She was so close to getting out of there. They almost made it.

Amost.

Almost is a painful word.

She was always so sweet, so innocent, so beautiful, so bright.

She was his sunlight.. The sun is gone.